Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What do you think? Mr.\Miller and others please

What do you think? Mr.\Miller and others please

Old Oct 30th 2007, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

agmaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What do you think? Mr.\Miller and others please

Hi,
- I applied from Cairo, Egypt in Feb 2004.
- In Apr 2007 CIC asked me to update my documents, which I did in early May.
- I sent an e-mail asking about my application in Aug, CIC relied that I should hear the decision by the beginning of 2008.
- CAIPS says Brig forward date is 13-Nov-2007.
- However CAIPS received two days ago shows I earn 72 points and I passed the paper screening stage, I'm still worried about my application as 2 out of 4 companies I worked for are closed their business. I knew that CIC didn't call the other 2 still in business.

My questions:
1- Based on the e-mail the CIC sent earlier advising that I would expect to hear the decision by beginning of 2008, does that mean it takes two months to inform me with the decision after it has been taken?
2- I was asked to update my documents last April, don't you think it is a so long time to make a decision after 8 months of updating documents?

Regards,
Old Oct 30th 2007, 2:46 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you think? Mr.\Miller and others please

Process takes time, be patient. If they told you that decision will be made in early '08 then don't expect anything sooner. They need to run background and security checks.