Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What to do when your processing time disappears!!?

What to do when your processing time disappears!!?

Old Dec 6th 2011, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of
Default What to do when your processing time disappears!!?

Hi Friends,

So back in 2009 we applied for a business class/self employed PR. Our AOR told us that it would be 12-18 months. Over the last 2 and 1/2 years the processing on the category has been steadily climbing and has now completely disappeared. I am assuming that London are simply not processing anyone from this class anymore.

So we are at a bit of a stand still. We are in Toronto on the ICE (applying for a renewal which will take us up to 2013) and things are going really well with work. We don't want to leave :-(

We wrote to London over a month ago, requesting an address change and a file transfer. Sure enough, the address has not been changed (a major issue as our house has been sold) and no response over a file change.

I am looking into the possibilities of skilled worker and other routes but I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what we can do next?

I am sure like many that we have been really screwed over by the system. Over £1000 in Visa costs, months of putting the file together, 2.5 years of our life being on hold and to have a processing time change so radically feels really unjust but we feel like our hands are tied.

Pulling the application feels pointless but perhaps pursuing other routes is the only answer? Any other ideas?

Also if anyone knows what to do about the address change that would be great. I have sent 2 emails and a formal letter over the past 4 months. NOTHING!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 11:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do when your processing time disappears!!?

Originally Posted by Wolfie and Will
So we are at a bit of a stand still. We are in Toronto on the ICE (applying for a renewal which will take us up to 2013) and things are going really well with work.
You can't renew an IEC visa, so just for the sake of anybody reading, you're presumably applying for a new one when the program opens in a few weeks?

Originally Posted by Wolfie and Will
Also if anyone knows what to do about the address change that would be great. I have sent 2 emails and a formal letter over the past 4 months. NOTHING!
I moved back in April, sent numerous emails, faxes and a letter, but it was only 2 days ago that it got acknowledged. They sent me an email that basically said it was updated ages ago, but Ecas doesn't reflect that change, so don't worry about it.

Personally, if I were you, I'd apply for PR via another route if you are eligible. As long as both applications don't go in to process at the same time (v unlikely), you can request a refund for processing fees for the one you decide to cancel.

Good luck.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of
Default Re: What to do when your processing time disappears!!?

Yes, sorry, I do mean reapplying rather than renewing. Terminology eh?!

Thats for your response. We managed to speak to someone on the phone today and left a message about our change of address but we still don't have a clue what to do. Wasting 2.5 years of your life and money on something which I have significant doubts will ever be processed is pretty tough. When we first got our predicted time, we were so hopeful but over the years, watching it climb, it seem clear that they are just not processing anyone in that category.

It feels very unjust- almost criminal in the way that they treat people who have paid for a processing service (not the mention all the other hidden costs). When we had the 120 letter 1.5 yrs ago, we really thought we were moving somewhere. It was only 8 months since our AOR and it made sense based on the predicted timeline. So I don't know whats happened...

Thanks for your advice though. If anyone else wants to share their two cents, I would love to hear your thoughts.