What do we tell Immigration?

Old Oct 15th 2005, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

blueeyes2002 will become famous soon enoughblueeyes2002 will become famous soon enough
Default What do we tell Immigration?

I'm planning on sponsoring my husband and son from inside of Canada.

Please can someone advise as to what my husband should tell immigration when we arrive? I'm a Canadian Citizen so I'll have no problem....

Should he tell him the honest truth, that he is planning to stay on his visitor visa whilst I apply for sponsorship? Or should he just tell them they are staying with me for a few months? (Our son will have a study permit)

Thanks In Advance

Sandra
Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:04 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do we tell Immigration?

Originally Posted by blueeyes2002
I'm planning on sponsoring my husband and son from inside of Canada.

Please can someone advise as to what my husband should tell immigration when we arrive? I'm a Canadian Citizen so I'll have no problem....

Should he tell him the honest truth, that he is planning to stay on his visitor visa whilst I apply for sponsorship? Or should he just tell them they are staying with me for a few months? (Our son will have a study permit)

Thanks In Advance

Sandra

Anyone and everyone should always tell the truth to immigration, CHC, CIC etc. If you get caught being economic with the truth then it is instant rejection (even failing to mention something can be interpreted as telling a lie)
Your husband should have a return ticket anyway, if asked tell immigration that you have applied for PR and that you (husband) will be returning to the UK when your stay in canada expires (6 months unless a date to leave is placed in passport)

You could always apply for an extension to stay, you would need a valid reason to stay though. Can't think of a reason now but there are some and someone else will probably let you know soon enough.
HTH
Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

blueeyes2002 will become famous soon enoughblueeyes2002 will become famous soon enough

Thanks very much, I thought that would be the case, but i just nneded to hear it from somebody else.

Thanks again

Sandra

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Anyone and everyone should always tell the truth to immigration, CHC, CIC etc. If you get caught being economic with the truth then it is instant rejection (even failing to mention something can be interpreted as telling a lie)
Your husband should have a return ticket anyway, if asked tell immigration that you have applied for PR and that you (husband) will be returning to the UK when your stay in canada expires (6 months unless a date to leave is placed in passport)

You could always apply for an extension to stay, you would need a valid reason to stay though. Can't think of a reason now but there are some and someone else will probably let you know soon enough.
HTH
Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:12 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Yes I agree, have your husband tell them the truth; it is very doubtful that Immigration will have any issues with this.

Just one thing - if you are Canadian, then your son is Canadian, so why have you had to apply for a Study Permit for him? He should be entitled to free schooling and without any permits to allow him to do so.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

I only got my citizenship this year (52b Law) and my son is going to be 9, so he doesn't qualify.....

I already tried with Canada House.

Sandra