Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

what do they do for the medicals ?

what do they do for the medicals ?

Old Oct 21st 2002, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

pinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to all
Default what do they do for the medicals ?

Hi

I am new to all of this and just getting my application ready to submit. I just wondered, what they actually did in the medical examination ? Is is just a blood test ?

Thanks
Pink Panther
Old Oct 21st 2002, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what do they do for the medicals ?

physical exam, blood screen, and chest x-ray for most *normal* cases...

at times additional tests are requested if the need arises from the first set of tests... the most common ones are screens for tb..

Originally posted by pinkpanther:
Hi

I am new to all of this and just getting my application ready to submit. I just wondered, what they actually did in the medical examination ? Is is just a blood test ?

Thanks
Pink Panther
Old Oct 21st 2002, 8:14 am
Just Joined

Naresh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr Miller/Jim and medical expert Plz help me

i alredy submitt sputum culture and re X-ray on August 15,2002. and still waiting. i am in family claas sponsored by wife.sputum report was Negative.i got letter from ottawa for additional test on may 22, 2002 and i did sputum culture and wait for 8 week, got test report on 12th August and DMP send that report and Xray to Ottawa. so my question is how long i have to wait after sputum test and xray report submitted to ottawa.
Plz help me,,i am very very confuse regarding delay of PR.

help me

Naresh
Old Oct 21st 2002, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

there is nothing much you can do but wait... your additional medical reports will be evaluated, and the visa office advised of the results of the evaluation...

general timeframe... about 5 months after submitting additional test results... could be more, could be less... provided the background checks are completed... and no additional information or tests is required...

Originally posted by Naresh:
i alredy submitt sputum culture and re X-ray on August 15,2002. and still waiting. i am in family claas sponsored by wife.sputum report was Negative.i got letter from ottawa for additional test on may 22, 2002 and i did sputum culture and wait for 8 week, got test report on 12th August and DMP send that report and Xray to Ottawa. so my question is how long i have to wait after sputum test and xray report submitted to ottawa.
Plz help me,,i am very very confuse regarding delay of PR.

help me

Naresh
Old Oct 21st 2002, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

pinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to all

Bighead

Thanks for the info !

Pink Panther
Old Oct 21st 2002, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

SALI is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there an approximate/general timeframe after submitting additional medical test reports to Ottawa when it can be safely assumed that medicals are OK and no further tests would be requested?

Originally posted by bighead:
there is nothing much you can do but wait... your additional medical reports will be evaluated, and the visa office advised of the results of the evaluation...

general timeframe... about 5 months after submitting additional test results... could be more, could be less... provided the background checks are completed... and no additional information or tests is required...

Old Oct 21st 2002, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

if you dont hear anything in the 4~5 months after the subsequent medical tests then in probability ims has been able to reach an assessment based on the additional results you sent them... if they are not able to, they would ask for more tests...

again, its ims in ottawa that doesl this, and then electronically updates the visa office of the assessment... so it all depends on their workload... but generally speaking, they *usually* get to evaluating test results in about 2~3 months of it being received by them...

Originally posted by SALI:
Is there an approximate/general timeframe after submitting additional medical test reports to Ottawa when it can be safely assumed that medicals are OK and no further tests would be requested?