Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What to do - PNP, PR, Implied status.

What to do - PNP, PR, Implied status.

Old Mar 21st 2020, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Orca33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to do - PNP, PR, Implied status.

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could help.
I've just applied for Alberta PNP and am hopeful to receive a nomination. My current IEC expires May 19th, so I'm pretty slim on time to receive a nomination, receive ITA, apply for PR and BOWP in time to keep my status and be able to continue working.

What are my options in terms of gaining implied status, or extending my work permit if I'm unable to apply for PR and BOWP before May 19th?

I read that you're not able to apply for a visitor permit and a bridging permit at the same time, is this correct?

My thoughts right now are to apply for a BOWP as late as possible if I'm still not able to apply for PR, then in my letter of explanation explain that I will submit my AOR file number as soon as I receive it. This way I would be on implied status and able to work until a decision has been made, which by then should be positive provided I've submitted the AOR file number.
If this idea goes sideways though and worst case I never get an ITA, but still have no visitor permit application in the system would it then be too late to apply for this as I understand this needs to be submitted 30 days or more before my current IEC open work permit ends? Or, could I then apply for visitor status if I received negative decision on BOWP application.

This is my second attempt at PR after my first application was cancelled due to being incomplete. I would really appreciate any advice to help me navigate this process, especially during this time as government offices must be inandated with applications and are understandably going to be taking a bit longer than usual to process. Considering there is also travel bans in place and I may not be able to travel back to the UK, where would this leave me if I were not able to stay here with status or visitor permit, but also not able to travel back to the UK?

Thank you.

Last edited by Orca33; Mar 21st 2020 at 11:16 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do - PNP, PR, Implied status.

My thoughts are that you have little or no chance of receiving an AOR by 19th May but Force Majeure due to CV-19 may play into your hands and give you more time.