Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What to do if we break up during the processing (family class common-law)

What to do if we break up during the processing (family class common-law)

Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Sandy75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to do if we break up during the processing (family class common-law)

I'm currently sponsoring my common law boyfriend, I was approved as a sponsor last month and the case has now been sent ot London for processing. Unfourtunately we have decided to break up, so now I am trying to figure out what to do in terms of the CIC application. I was trying to find something on their website but couldn't find anything that applied to our case. Does anybody have any expereince with my situation? I'm basically looking for information in regards to either withdrawing my sponsorship or his PR application, not sure if we just need to do one of those things or both.

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:29 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do if we break up during the processing (family class common-law)

Hi

Originally Posted by Sandy75
I'm currently sponsoring my common law boyfriend, I was approved as a sponsor last month and the case has now been sent ot London for processing. Unfourtunately we have decided to break up, so now I am trying to figure out what to do in terms of the CIC application. I was trying to find something on their website but couldn't find anything that applied to our case. Does anybody have any expereince with my situation? I'm basically looking for information in regards to either withdrawing my sponsorship or his PR application, not sure if we just need to do one of those things or both.

Thanks in advance!
You would have to withdraw your sponsorship. Once the sponsorship is withdraw, he would not be considered a member of the family class, and his application would then be refused.
See; http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resourc...s/ip/ip02e.pdf Section5.4
You would send a letter to Mississauga, with your file number and identify the applicant.