what do i do

Old Jan 22nd 2012, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what do i do

had my med requests and instructions to send in updated forms, originally there is myself and hubby and 4 children on our application now 2 of my children (who are now of age and adults but still dependants) dont want to be included on our application and have decided to stay in england with their dad...i know i have to still get all our medicals done weather they come or not , when updating my forms do i not include them and only say 4 are included in the application? and only pay for 4 visa fees and 4 police certificates.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 2:41 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: what do i do

Might it be worth convincing them to get PR for Canada. They can return to the UK after landing and then have 3 years to change their minds before they lose PR status. Fair enough this costs money, but it gives them options.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

ive told them all this and what an opportunity it is for them, and that they dont have to come over straight away etc etc, and they just arn't interested they dont want to leave what they know over here. just need to know how i go about filling out my updated forms, will it be ok not to suddenly include them or would i have to include them still...
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

With the following exceptions, R23 and R70(1)(e) require foreign nationals and their family members, whether accompanying or not, to meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations, including admissibility requirements:

Basically your dependent children can screw up your application even if not coming with you. You really need to think this out.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

I had issue with my med request, they put my maiden name on so i emailed using the form on the CIC website and they emailed back the next day, so if unsure you could try that.....unfortunately i can't remember where i found it on their website!! Sorry!!
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

ok so i continue our application as normal and include everyone, but what about when its time to activate the visas if the principal applicant (my husband) myself and 2 dependants activate all at the same time, if my other 2 dependants dont activate at the same time as us and the time passes past the expiry date of acctivation does that just mean that they loose their visas but the people who accivated their visa will still be ok...
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazza69
ok so i continue our application as normal and include everyone, but what about when its time to activate the visas if the principal applicant (my husband) myself and 2 dependants activate all at the same time, if my other 2 dependants dont activate at the same time as us and the time passes past the expiry date of acctivation does that just mean that they loose their visas but the people who accivated their visa will still be ok...
That is correct. If all are deemed admissible and issued COPR's then if they decide not to come then it wont affect you.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

another quick question....does it matter that we have chosen a different area to go to, as on our application we put alberta but have decied upon british columbia now.. on our med forms it says alberta but on our updated forms im going to put british columbia, will that matter as it will be different to our meds....
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by shazza69
another quick question....does it matter that we have chosen a different area to go to, as on our application we put alberta but have decied upon british columbia now.. on our med forms it says alberta but on our updated forms im going to put british columbia, will that matter as it will be different to our meds....
It should only matter if coming on a PNP route for PR. The medicals are valid for all of Canada though Quebec has slightly different rules but they dont affect the meds. If just a regular PR application I wouldnt worry about it.