what is COPR ?

Old Dec 9th 2004, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

newbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nice
Default what is COPR ?

I want to know when passport is returned with Visas what additional
documents I will receive other than Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR).

Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) contains my photo and
signature as per their web site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/after-2.html

--
Confirmation of Permanent Residence
You will be given a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) if your application is successful. The COPR will have identification information as well as a photo and your signature. You must bring the COPR to the Port of Entry with your visa when you enter Canada.
--

Is there ANY OTHER DOCUMENT they PROVIDE
AND DO I NEED TO CARRY OTHER THAN PASSPORT and
PROOF OF FUNDS along with COPR ????
Old Dec 9th 2004, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Raska will become famous soon enoughRaska will become famous soon enough
Default Re: what is COPR ?

Well, I did through Hong Kong, and my COPR dosn't have any singnatures on it. Just a photo. I remember I was told (i dont remember who said!)I need to sign the papers when landing infront of an immigration officer.

Now i have started worrying about this :scared: .

Is there anybody here who can give me some ideas on this. Does this make any problem for me?
Old Dec 9th 2004, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

ankit15 is an unknown quantity at this point

You must sign the COPR only at the port of entry in front of immigration officer. It is clearly written in the letter that you receive along with your passport and COPR.

Originally Posted by Raska
Well, I did through Hong Kong, and my COPR dosn't have any singnatures on it. Just a photo. I remember I was told (i dont remember who said!)I need to sign the papers when landing infront of an immigration officer.

Is there anybody here who can give me some ideas on this. Does this make any problem for me?
Old Dec 9th 2004, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

newbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nice

Raska,
Did you receive any other document(s) along with
COPR(s), a letter and passport(s) with Visas ???

Just curious

Originally Posted by Raska

Old Dec 10th 2004, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Raska will become famous soon enoughRaska will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by newbee
Raska,
Did you receive any other document(s) along with
COPR(s), a letter and passport(s) with Visas ???

Just curious

Not really, I just got:

1- Passports with immigrant visas
2- COPR

plus the same letter that ankit pointed out before (it's not important if you don't have it, since its just some stupid instructions) and one more thing, because our photos had problem, we were asked to have some photos with us at the time of landing (there is another letter explaining how the photos must be- again it's nothing really important).

good luck