Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What is the best way to file all the document

What is the best way to file all the document

Old Sep 2nd 2005, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

omitithi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is the best way to file all the document

Could you guys please tell me what is the best way to file all the document for the skilled worker PR application. Next week I am going to apply at Buffalo. Any other sugessions before the application preparation would be appreciated.

Thanks.

OMITITHI
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 5:08 pm
2nd nation

deerfoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is the best way to file all the document

I used a large brown envelope and lots of paperclips to hold the sections of the application together with the tags for the numbered sections. Mailed it FEDEX or UPS, it's really not rocket science!
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 5:55 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Take a photocopy of ALL the appliction just incase it goes astray, and so you can refer back at a later date. Too valuable to lose.
Dont wrap it up fancy as they take it all apart if you do. As already said just put into sections with relevant tag attached with paperclip. I put all inside a plastic zip file just incase outer packet got damaged/wet etc.
Immigration sent the lot back in the beginning in a brown envelpoe that was half ripped open and contents almost falling out. I was very angry and upset, at what could have happened for the sake of a not puttimg it in a strong enough envelope. All is forgiven now as we have medical requests!

Originally Posted by omitithi
Could you guys please tell me what is the best way to file all the document for the skilled worker PR application. Next week I am going to apply at Buffalo. Any other sugessions before the application preparation would be appreciated.

Thanks.

OMITITHI
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

T@m@s is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: What is the best way to file all the document

Originally Posted by gooding
Take a photocopy of ALL the appliction just incase it goes astray, ...
I can only support goodings reply, take copy of everytning. Regarding the forms, it is easy just save a copy of the filled Adobe PDF-files, they are fillable on the computer. I you filled by hand - scan them!
Documents that you write (cover letter and such) you already have on disc.

I have also scanned ALL our other documents as diplomas, certificates, reference letters, bank statement, Bank draft, IELTS test, fingerprints, photos, bla. bla... and scanned both side if there was significant info on it.
Then I saved the whole thing on a DVD.

If it sounds all to troublesome or superfluous, so I can only say that it is without a doubt the most important application we have ever sent in our life.

I know some of the documents I cannot just print out and send it again, but at least I have a backup of ALL things, and after a couple of monts if CIC find out that there is something missing or wrong, I can always check my whole package again, find an error and correct it, og get it corrected.

Last edited by T@m@s; Sep 2nd 2005 at 10:38 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 10:53 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by T@m@s
Then I saved the whole thing on a DVD.
Great advice!

Don't do as I did and leave all the scanned documents on the hard drive of the computer. It sucks when (yeah, when, not if...) your computer crashes...
Fingers are crossed I don't have to resubmit anything...