Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

We've got our Passport Requests!!!!!

We've got our Passport Requests!!!!!

Old Jun 8th 2009, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

LynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up We've got our Passport Requests!!!!!

It's arrived! Can't believe it. Completed our house sale bank holiday weekend and went to collect mail last night ... and it was there! Well, that is, despite me writing to inform CIC of our new Ontario address!

Kids and I travel out on our TWPs 20th June for good to join hubby Greg who started work on 19th May. We'll send our passports through from there as we have 60 days in all. Then I think we'll be flagpoling later on via Detroit or Sarnia.

It's all coming together now. Can't believe it. Greg's enjoying his new job, we have a house to buy in Waterloo, closing 16th July and he's just this week sorted us a car. Our dog is getting picked up and flown to Toronto next week too!

Best wishes to everyone out there waiting ....it'll happen!

Lynsey
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:35 am
Just Joined

viny4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We've got our Passport Requests!!!!!

So it almost took 3 years for you to get a PR!!!! Wow thats a great news Congratulations....

I have all the forms ready and just waiting to take a DD and send it... Do all the new applicants gotta wait for 3 years??
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Lyndsey,
Great news...You must be jumping with joy and so excited!! Very happy for you all! Great news on selling your house aswell...We are all set to go but are waiting to sell the house..
Good luck to you all.
Cheers
Tim
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of

Congratulations Lynsey. My husband has taken our passports into CIC today!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Location: We have bought a beautiful house overlooking a lake in High River!
Tamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LynseySmith
It's arrived! Can't believe it. Completed our house sale bank holiday weekend and went to collect mail last night ... and it was there! Well, that is, despite me writing to inform CIC of our new Ontario address!

Kids and I travel out on our TWPs 20th June for good to join hubby Greg who started work on 19th May. We'll send our passports through from there as we have 60 days in all. Then I think we'll be flagpoling later on via Detroit or Sarnia.

It's all coming together now. Can't believe it. Greg's enjoying his new job, we have a house to buy in Waterloo, closing 16th July and he's just this week sorted us a car. Our dog is getting picked up and flown to Toronto next week too!

Best wishes to everyone out there waiting ....it'll happen!

Lynsey
Absolutely fantastic news...well done! Your story sounds similar to ours!
Here's to a wonderful new life!!!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:08 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and all the best for your life in Canada! Well done
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and best wishes!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

Congratulations! Really pleased for you. Sure it will be worth the wait. My husband and I moved to Toronto 6 weeks ago and loving Canadian life so far!

viny4 - new PR applications are supposed to be processed within 6-12 months but as it's a very new system, nobody knows for certain. Have a search on this forum for more threads on this. Prob under post Nov 08 FSW or if your job is on the list of 38 occupations then under Category 1 FSW. Hope this helps-send me PM if need anymore info.

Lucy