Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Wet get the sponsorhsip approval - now what???

Wet get the sponsorhsip approval - now what???

Old Feb 6th 2005, 7:52 pm
Faire de la *fluff fluff*

Fluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura about
Question Wet get the sponsorhsip approval - now what???

Hi Again Friends,

Ok, this question has been bothering me for a while ( keeping me up at night is more like it!)

I have read on some forum threads that a sponsorship application can be approved within 3-12 months - is this correct?

We plan to move to Ontario at the end of next year (Dec. 2006).

We hope to start sending out our papers the end of this summer (2005).

Any ideas as to how long it may take?

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........ .........................

Say we get the approval earlier than expected, in March 2006. Can we still leave in Dec. 2006, or must we leave asap?

Your thought may help put me at ease! Otherwise I would have NO CLUE as to when to send out all the forms.

Thank you kindly,

Fluffy
Old Feb 6th 2005, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

nananeum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wet get the sponsorhsip approval - now what???

Originally Posted by Fluffy Boogie
Hi Again Friends,

Ok, this question has been bothering me for a while ( keeping me up at night is more like it!)

I have read on some forum threads that a sponsorship application can be approved within 3-12 months - is this correct?

We plan to move to Ontario at the end of next year (Dec. 2006).

We hope to start sending out our papers the end of this summer (2005).

Any ideas as to how long it may take?

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........ .........................

Say we get the approval earlier than expected, in March 2006. Can we still leave in Dec. 2006, or must we leave asap?

Your thought may help put me at ease! Otherwise I would have NO CLUE as to when to send out all the forms.

Thank you kindly,

Fluffy
The visa is valid one year after the medical exam is taken. So the medical should be done, after you collect all other documents.
nana
Old Feb 6th 2005, 8:25 pm
Faire de la *fluff fluff*

Fluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nananeum
The visa is valid one year after the medical exam is taken. So the medical should be done, after you collect all other documents.
nana

You mean to say that if we were to send off all our applications this summer that the medical exam should be done just before that?

That would mean if we were to send the application off Aug 2005, that the visa (his application/sponosrship approval) would only be valid until Aug 2006 and that we should move to Canada before Aug 2006?

Thanks nana!
Fluffy
Old Feb 6th 2005, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

nananeum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fluffy Boogie
You mean to say that if we were to send off all our applications this summer that the medical exam should be done just before that?

That would mean if we were to send the application off Aug 2005, that the visa (his application/sponosrship approval) would only be valid until Aug 2006 and that we should move to Canada before Aug 2006?

Thanks nana!
Fluffy
Yes. If you are dealing with Berlin, they should be fast. So you will have time to prepare your move.
nana