WES question.

Old May 29th 2018, 1:26 am
Just Joined

Giggsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WES question.

Hey

I have been researching extensively & I was wondering if anyone had WES evaluate a Level 3 BTEC Foundation Diploma in Art & Design & what the result was? This was a course I took after 6th form & had to do before I could get into university.

I am hoping it will be a one year post high school equivalent, as that is exactly what it is. But been reading a lot of dismaying things that WES don’t many BTECs that way.

Thank you you for any help you can provide
Old May 29th 2018, 8:26 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WES question.

Apart from the HND, most diplomas like that are equivalent to A-level education or less.
Old May 30th 2018, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giggsy
Hey

I have been researching extensively & I was wondering if anyone had WES evaluate a Level 3 BTEC Foundation Diploma in Art & Design & what the result was? This was a course I took after 6th form & had to do before I could get into university.

I am hoping it will be a one year post high school equivalent, as that is exactly what it is. But been reading a lot of dismaying things that WES don’t many BTECs that way.

Thank you you for any help you can provide
HI there,

WES evaluated my BTEC HNC in Mechanical Engineering as a 3 year Ontario Diploma equivalent, so they do evaluate BTEC qualifications.

Paul.
Old May 30th 2018, 6:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
HI there,

WES evaluated my BTEC HNC in Mechanical Engineering as a 3 year Ontario Diploma equivalent, so they do evaluate BTEC qualifications.

Paul.
Was this for an ECA though Paul? Or one of their other services i.e. employment? They're very different.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 30th 2018 at 8:04 am.
Old May 30th 2018, 8:15 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

In the OP's case it probably isn't all that important anyway. If he has a degree then that will be the main subject of the ECA. If it isn't too much hassle to get the transcripts etc then you can always just add the BTEC diploma to the application alongside the degree and see if they award anything for it.
Old May 30th 2018, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giggsy
Hey

This was a course I took after 6th form & had to do before I could get into university.
As stated by ghost if you went on a completed a degree then it does not matter as you will score the points for the degree. You only receive the points for your highest level of education.
Old May 30th 2018, 3:04 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
As stated by ghost if you went on a completed a degree then it does not matter as you will score the points for the degree. You only receive the points for your highest level of education.
You can get points for other things as well. I was awarded a degree and a certHE by my university and was able to claim CRS points for both under the degree + diploma option.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Philly15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Did you end up getting a ECa on this qualification. I have the same one. Need to know who to go with?

Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2019, 7:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philly15
Hi,

Did you end up getting a ECa on this qualification. I have the same one. Need to know who to go with?

Thanks
Welcome to BE.

The OP hasn't been on the forum for well over a year so is unlikely to see your question. You may be better off asking on a new thread.

HTH.