WES enquiry

Old Aug 11th 2014, 8:25 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 14
chris1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WES enquiry

Hello, my wife's currently doing an application for FSW under NOC 1212.
In relation to getting an ECA from WES do we only need to request educational transcripts from her highest level of education or do we need to get transcripts sent in relation to all exam qualifications she received from the age of 16.
For example she got 10 gcse's at a-c grade and then went on to study for two a/s levels in law and psychology. So will she need to send in transcripts from gcse's and the a/s levels or just the a/s levels ?
chris1981 is offline  
Old Aug 13th 2014, 7:10 am
  #2  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,255
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WES enquiry

Originally Posted by chris1981 View Post
Hello, my wife's currently doing an application for FSW under NOC 1212.
In relation to getting an ECA from WES do we only need to request educational transcripts from her highest level of education or do we need to get transcripts sent in relation to all exam qualifications she received from the age of 16.
For example she got 10 gcse's at a-c grade and then went on to study for two a/s levels in law and psychology. So will she need to send in transcripts from gcse's and the a/s levels or just the a/s levels ?
Does she have any post-secondary education?

If she's got post-secondary education, then she doesn't need to send GCSE/A level info at all, but if that's her highest level of education then personally I'd send them both, just to be on the safe side.

HTH.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Aug 13th 2014, 10:56 am
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 14
chris1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WES enquiry

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Does she have any post-secondary education?

If she's got post-secondary education, then she doesn't need to send GCSE/A level info at all, but if that's her highest level of education then personally I'd send them both, just to be on the safe side.

HTH.
She completed her A Levels at college but it looks like this does not count as post secondary education. She also has a certificate of higher education in social sciences from the open university. Would this do ?
chris1981 is offline  
Old Aug 13th 2014, 10:59 am
  #4  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,255
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WES enquiry

Originally Posted by chris1981 View Post
She completed her A Levels at college but it looks like this does not count as post secondary education. She also has a certificate of higher education in social sciences from the open university. Would this do ?
That's right, it counts as secondary education in CIC's eyes.

I've no idea, not sure what a cert of higher education is to be honest! Was it a year or more full-time? If so, it should count as a post-secondary diploma I'd think.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Aug 13th 2014, 11:55 am
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 14
chris1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WES enquiry

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
That's right, it counts as secondary education in CIC's eyes.

I've no idea, not sure what a cert of higher education is to be honest! Was it a year or more full-time? If so, it should count as a post-secondary diploma I'd think.
It's apparently a third of a degree and it was two years part time.
chris1981 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.