British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   WES enquiry (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/wes-enquiry-840711/)

chris1981 Aug 11th 2014 8:25 pm

WES enquiry

Hello, my wife's currently doing an application for FSW under NOC 1212.
In relation to getting an ECA from WES do we only need to request educational transcripts from her highest level of education or do we need to get transcripts sent in relation to all exam qualifications she received from the age of 16.
For example she got 10 gcse's at a-c grade and then went on to study for two a/s levels in law and psychology. So will she need to send in transcripts from gcse's and the a/s levels or just the a/s levels ?

christmasoompa Aug 13th 2014 7:10 am

Re: WES enquiry

Originally Posted by chris1981 (Post 11365746)
Hello, my wife's currently doing an application for FSW under NOC 1212.
In relation to getting an ECA from WES do we only need to request educational transcripts from her highest level of education or do we need to get transcripts sent in relation to all exam qualifications she received from the age of 16.
For example she got 10 gcse's at a-c grade and then went on to study for two a/s levels in law and psychology. So will she need to send in transcripts from gcse's and the a/s levels or just the a/s levels ?

Does she have any post-secondary education?

If she's got post-secondary education, then she doesn't need to send GCSE/A level info at all, but if that's her highest level of education then personally I'd send them both, just to be on the safe side.

HTH.

chris1981 Aug 13th 2014 10:56 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 11367340)
Does she have any post-secondary education?

If she's got post-secondary education, then she doesn't need to send GCSE/A level info at all, but if that's her highest level of education then personally I'd send them both, just to be on the safe side.

HTH.

She completed her A Levels at college but it looks like this does not count as post secondary education. She also has a certificate of higher education in social sciences from the open university. Would this do ?

christmasoompa Aug 13th 2014 10:59 am

Originally Posted by chris1981 (Post 11367526)
She completed her A Levels at college but it looks like this does not count as post secondary education. She also has a certificate of higher education in social sciences from the open university. Would this do ?

That's right, it counts as secondary education in CIC's eyes.

I've no idea, not sure what a cert of higher education is to be honest! Was it a year or more full-time? If so, it should count as a post-secondary diploma I'd think.

chris1981 Aug 13th 2014 11:55 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 11367529)
That's right, it counts as secondary education in CIC's eyes.

I've no idea, not sure what a cert of higher education is to be honest! Was it a year or more full-time? If so, it should count as a post-secondary diploma I'd think.

It's apparently a third of a degree and it was two years part time.