Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Well we did it !!! CIC have heart after all...

Well we did it !!! CIC have heart after all...

Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:20 pm
going back to UK Dec 1st

Location: Mississauga near Toronto - Moving To UK - Birmingham in 7 Weeks
Sunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant future
Smile Well we did it !!! CIC have heart after all...

hi all

this is a full run down of our rollercoaster ride from applying in Sept 2004 to getting visa's today......

May 2004 - visit Canada for the first time -Toronto GTA area - liked it - houses big and cheap - ex. rate £1 = $2.40 CAD

May 2004 pay ***** "immigration consultants" (yeh right - never ever use these guys - trust me) $3000 CAD

July 2004 sent PR application to ***** in Canada

Sept ***** send our PR app to CIC london

Oct 2004 AOR stating 18 months wait

April 2006 - delay letter

June 2006 trip to Canada and had 2 interviews with potential employers - apply for LMO

Aug 2006 Work permit approved

Sept 2006 - by myself i go to Toronto to start work (wife and kids still in UK)

Dec 2006 Medical requests - i move back to UK until PR is approved.

Jan 07 medical done

Feb 2007 Extra medical report needed after my scan in May

Aug 07 Report and updated documents submitted

2007 PR Application Refused on not enough point (65 given) i thought we had at least 72

Dec 1st 07 write appeal letter and resubmit relative's documents stating that CIC officer missed 5 points for having relative in Canada

29th Dec Passport requests

9th Jan 2008 - Visa arrived - flights booked for 24th Jan 2008 to land in Canada and return a week later as visa only valid till 29th Jan 2008 ( 1 year after medicals)

WOW - spent in total £10,000 UK pounds so far

hopefully it'll be worth it - need some sucess stories from you guys who are living the dream - totally drained now

good luck everyone CIC had closed my file and sent me my RLRF back but with a simple letter i explained that they missed points and they turned it all around - fantastic - i nearly spent $10000 more by going through proffesional lawyers but i decided i had enough and not to waste more money and now i am so happy i just sent my own letter and the relatives documents along with a family tree and hey presto - we are off...........

Might put house on sale soon and try to move by the summer - maybe
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:01 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well we did it !!! CIC have heart after all...

Congratulations.

That really was a rollercoaster!

Best of luck with your new life and a happy new year!

Last edited by JamesM; Jan 9th 2008 at 7:08 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of

CONGRATULATIONS SUNNY,

I am so very pleased for you, you were in my thoughts a lot after your last post. Just goes to show good things happen to good people (all be it that they get put through the righ first).
We landed on the 3rd of December last year and we are all settling in really well. Mike my husband has a job he loves and the kids are in daycare so just myself to get organised now. Having said that I have been offered a job too just weighing up wether with the cost of 2 childrens childcare it is worth working. Anyway to cut a long story short we are all here after a 3 year wait and our new lives have begun.
A big pat on the back for you and once again CONGRATULATIONS
Julie
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:45 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunny Dulai
hi all

this is a full run down of our rollercoaster ride from applying in Sept 2004 to getting visa's today......

May 2004 - visit Canada for the first time -Toronto GTA area - liked it - houses big and cheap - ex. rate £1 = $2.40 CAD

May 2004 pay ***** "immigration consultants" (yeh right - never ever use these guys - trust me) $3000 CAD

June 2006 trip to Canada and had 2 interviews with potential employers - apply for LMO

Jan 07 medical done

2007 PR Application Refused on not enough point (65 given) i thought we had at least 72

Dec 1st 07 write appeal letter and resubmit relative's documents stating that CIC officer missed 5 points for having relative in Canada

9th Jan 2008 - Visa arrived - flights booked for 24th Jan 2008 to land in Canada and return a week later as visa only valid till 29th Jan 2008 ( 1 year after medicals)

hopefully it'll be worth it - need some sucess stories from you guys who are living the dream - totally drained now

good luck everyone CIC had closed my file and sent me my RLRF back but with a simple letter i explained that they missed points and they turned it all around - fantastic - i nearly spent $10000 more by going through proffesional lawyers but i decided i had enough and not to waste more money and now i am so happy i just sent my own letter and the relatives documents along with a family tree and hey presto - we are off...........

Congratulations and good luck for the house sale
Terese
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

ndugu will become famous soon enoughndugu will become famous soon enough

Hi Sunny. Congratulations!!!
You are lucky, we've spent £3500 to the consultant firm for NOTHING! We prepared all the documents, they even could not calculate our points. We had to warn them in every step. They only lodge our application on our behalf...CIC sent all correspondence to our address thenafter- I don't know why!!!!
Anyway...It seems you've done very well by appealing. Wishing you luck and happiness in your new life...
Ndugu
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

CIC had closed my file and sent me my RLRF back but with a simple letter i explained that they missed points and they turned it all around -
Remarkable.

CIC turned my application down. Then following a series of errors they wrote apologising for their initial error, including a statement to say what they should have done. But they made no correction.

Letters thereafter were completely ignored other than a standard reply about procedure in response to a letter I wrote to the then immigration minister, who simply passed it on. So much for accountability eh?

Having been advised an appeal would take years, a new application was done - giving identical information to that contained on the first one (aside from an address change) and PR was eventually granted.

I had to pay a second set of CIC/Medical/Photos/Police Certificate costs; two applications being needed to get the correct decision.

But at least it's behind me and I'm here now.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to a very sunny Sunny

Congratulations hun - the best is yet to come when you finally get out here and things always come to those who wait

Gay
x
Old Jan 10th 2008, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

lace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant future

Congratulations Sunny!

You took a huge risk appealing by yourself and I'm over the moon for you that it paid off.
Good luck in your new life
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

AwaitingCA is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all

Jan 07 medical done

Good job! Sunny

Did u pay the RPRF (Visa Fee) again ? I mean did they waived it?

Please answer soon!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:33 pm
going back to UK Dec 1st

Location: Mississauga near Toronto - Moving To UK - Birmingham in 7 Weeks
Sunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant future

no - i just cashed my returned chq

and had to order a new cad bank draft - that's it

had to pay for to sets of bank fees £18 each time i think and the exchange rate changed since we first sent it