Welder forPNP

Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:05 am
Just Joined

frankz23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Welder forPNP

Please help...

My GF father is a welder before in Philippines and currently working in Saudi as welder.
He just had only High School Diploma. Age is 50+
Is he possible can apply PR or PNP?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welder forPNP

Originally Posted by frankz23
Please help...

My GF father is a welder before in Philippines and currently working in Saudi as welder.
He just had only High School Diploma. Age is 50+
Is he possible can apply PR or PNP?

Thanks in advance!

He cannot apply for PNP without a job offer. But, he's lucky as welders are on the list of 38 occupations in demand that qualify for Skilled Worker visas.

So, assuming he meets the other criteria (i.e. minimum points, proof of funds, passes the medical, no criminal record) then he could apply for PR and should receive it within 6-12 months.

If he doesn't meet the Skilled Worker criteria, then his only other option is to try and find a job and then upgrade it to PR.

Alternatively, where is your girlfriend? Is she in Canada and if so, what is her status there?

Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:29 am
Just Joined

I think he can't pass as skilled worker due to his education.

Actually we're outside in Canada. I'm still waiting for my LMO approval
'coz until now not yet approve since Oct 2008.

My girlfriend will going to apply also in Canada as TWP because we can not
meet the points to migrate there.

We're from Philippines and working in other country.

Thanks!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I think he can't pass as skilled worker due to his education.

Actually we're outside in Canada. I'm still waiting for my LMO approval
'coz until now not yet approve since Oct 2008.

My girlfriend will going to apply also in Canada as TWP because we can not
meet the points to migrate there.

We're from Philippines and working in other country.

Thanks!
Ok, then I'm sorry but he'll have to try and do the same as you and find a job. Do get him to double check his points though just in case he would have enough for a Skilled Worker application. Or is there any way he could get his points up i.e. by learning French? It's just that that is the easiest route to PR and much more likely than him getting a TWP, particularly in the recession.

Alternatively, he could wait for a few years until your girlfriend is eligible to sponsor him! Assuming she'll be applying for PR of course.

Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:39 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice!

BTW, what is the possibility that the possibility will going to approved my application of LMO? Because until now no positive feedback yet just the Service of Canada inform my LMO that application still ongoing process!

Again thanks!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks for the advice!

BTW, what is the possibility that the possibility will going to approved my application of LMO? Because until now no positive feedback yet just the Service of Canada inform my LMO that application still ongoing process!

Again thanks!
I can't say I'm afraid, no way of knowing! Unfortunately LMO's are very difficult to get at the moment - obviously your employer has to prove they've advertised it and no Canadians have been found to do the job, which is proving harder these days with so many Canadians out of work thanks to the awful economy. I hope it's approved for you though.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 16th 2009 at 12:47 am.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:47 am
Just Joined

Okay and thanks!

I'll inform my girlfriend and check the possibilities to apply as PR in Canada.
How about to go through PNP? Where is the best place to apply? Alberta,etc?

Tks!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Okay and thanks!

I'll inform my girlfriend and check the possibilities to apply as PR in Canada.
How about to go through PNP? Where is the best place to apply? Alberta,etc?

Tks!
I think you've misunderstood - you cannot just apply for whichever PNP program you like! You have to apply in the province where you are working, and your employer has to nominate you so you have to have a job first.

So first you'll need to get the job, and then once you are working there you'll have to ask your employer if they're prepared to nominate you. Then you jointly apply to whichever province's PNP is applicable to you.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:01 am
Just Joined

i understand with my case.

Maybe i confuse you, what I am trying to ask is where is the best place for a welder application to apply in Canada?

Thanks again for the response.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

i understand with my case.

Maybe i confuse you, what I am trying to ask is where is the best place for a welder application to apply in Canada?

Thanks again for the response.
Do you mean apply for a job? Or apply for Skilled Worker application?
Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:31 am
Just Joined

Both 'coz we want the possibilities where is the best to apply.

Thanks!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 2:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Both 'coz we want the possibilities where is the best to apply.

Thanks!
Well, for a Skilled worker visa he would have to apply to whichever visa office is applicable for his country - check the CIC website to find out which one he needs to apply to.

As for jobs, your girlfriends father would need to just apply everywhere and anywhere! Don't let him limit himself to one location because then he'll reduce his chances of actually finding a job and an employer prepared to go through the LMO process for him. His best bet is to get out and there and try and find a job in person as that approach usually works much better than just applying for jobs on the net.

Have a read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki (on blue bar at the top of page) which will explain the best way to go about finding a job in Canada.

I wish him luck, whichever route he goes down.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 6:41 am

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are looking at alberta, have you contacted the AAIT to see if you qualify to challenge the red seal exam?
without this you will not be allowed to work as a welder, you really do need to check up for the area that you are going?

If an LMO has been applied for, where has this been done, i think it would help anyone answer your questions alot easier.
I am sure most areas of canada need you to hold that licence to be a welder, double check, as an LMO can be refused on those grounds

Good Luck
LB