Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Web developer with a Bachelor in Commerce

Web developer with a Bachelor in Commerce

Old Oct 24th 2015, 6:59 am
Just Joined

khaled1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Web developer with a Bachelor in Commerce

I am 13 years experience in web programming but I am graduated from faculty of commerce, so is it possible to claim points for this experience which is not related to my university degree.
However I have many related programming certificates from Microsoft.
Old Oct 24th 2015, 7:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Web developer with a Bachelor in Commerce

Assuming you're talking about points for a FSW app? If so then any skilled work experience will count, it doesn't have to relate to your degree.
Old Oct 24th 2015, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Thanks Christmasoompa for your prompt reply,
yes I am alking about FSW.
Another question also is how could they verify the integrity of my claimed work experience?
Old Oct 24th 2015, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Thanks Christmasoompa for your prompt reply,
yes I am alking about FSW.
Another question also is how could they verify the integrity of my claimed work experience?
Old Oct 24th 2015, 9:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You'll have to provide proof, in the form of things like payslips, employment contracts and employer references. If you're from a high fraud country such as Pakistan or Nigeria then you can also expect that CIC might check it out further, perhaps phoning your employer etc.

HTH.
Old Oct 24th 2015, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Can I claim points for my university degree in commerce too?
Old Oct 24th 2015, 9:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by khaled1234
Can I claim points for my university degree in commerce too?
Yes, assuming you can get an ECA for it.

HTH.
Old Oct 24th 2015, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Appreciate your help,
Another question is which Designated organizations for ECAs that can assess my Bachelor in Commerce?
Old Oct 24th 2015, 11:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Appreciate your help,
Another question is which Designated organizations for ECAs that can assess my Bachelor in Commerce?
As per the CIC website, have a look on there for approved organisations to do your ECA. Any of them will be able to assess an academic qualification such as a degree.

HTH.
Old Oct 24th 2015, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

well, now what are the steps to follow and start up with to immigtate?
Old Oct 24th 2015, 11:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

well, now what are the steps to follow and start up with to immigtate?
You need to do some research of your own. The steps will depend on the visa route. If you're going over on the LMIA/TWP then the process will vary massively from if you were applying under Federal Skilled Worker, for example.

So first figure out your visa route, whether you want to wait for the LMIA or look at other ways just in case the LMIA isn't granted, and then you can look at the CIC website for info on the application process.