we really need help

Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

tom-sarah_addy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question we really need help

Me and my partner want to move to canada (torronto area) asap but we dont know how to do it ...

A bit about us ...
im 20 (21 at the end of march) my parner is 20 and we have 3 year old daughter . i am a roofer which i have 5 years experiance in and want to work in the roofing trade in canada my partner is a hairdresser.
we baught our own house at 18 and are looking to sell it to use the profit (£25,000- £30,000) to immigrate.
how do we go about doin this

we was looking at going with brazolot group but after reading some forums on here we r looking to diy ...but.. we dont know the first steps we have done the points system on migration expert and didnt quite get enough to aply for a skilled working visa ...what visa would you recamend?...
how much roughly dose it cost for all the process?
what checks do we need?
and how do we go about diy?

we would realy like to move there asap please help

thanks
Old Jan 25th 2011, 12:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: we really need help

Sounds as though you'd need a job offer to get a visa, unless you have family in Canada that you haven't mentioned, or happen to have $1.6 million down the back of the sofa?!

Have a read of the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page) to understand your options, and how to go about finding a job offer and getting a LMO (again, info in the Wiki).

The points you mention for a Skilled Worker visa are not relevant anyway, as neither of your jobs are on the list of eligible occupations, so forget that route - although once you are in Canada on a work permit you could apply via category 2 (arranged employment) and would also then get another 15 points for arranged employment.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Old Jan 25th 2011, 1:25 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: we really need help

thanks for your info have you emagrated to canada if so what was your first step to take..
thanks
Old Jan 25th 2011, 1:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom-sarah_addy
thanks for your info have you emagrated to canada if so what was your first step to take..
thanks
Yes, but different circumstances to you as my husband got transferred with work, so not much help!

Your first step needs to be figuring out the visa, and for that you need to read the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page). From what you've said, I think you'd only be eligible for a visa with a job offer and LMO, so you need to read up on how to go about finding them - the Job Hunting section of the Wiki is essential.

Good luck.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

The christmasoompa's given you some good advice there

While I'm sure you're keen to try to move ASAP (most of us are!), I'd get used to being patient - these things don't turn out to be very quick for most people!

Good luck
Old Jan 25th 2011, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

also read up on International experience canada - it's a type of temporary visa for young people though you wouldnt qualify for the canadian health care service which would be a problem. (you have to buy your own health insurance)

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...nu_id=7&menu=L

it is very tough to get a permanent visa for canada these days

do a search on this forum for the

nova scotia community identified scheme

and other provincial nominee schemes

Last edited by chanceUK; Jan 25th 2011 at 2:49 am.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 2:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by chanceUK
also read up on International experience canada

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...nu_id=7&menu=L
Can they do that with a child? I know when it used to be under Bunac you weren't eligible if you had any dependents, but not clued on up the new rules under IEC.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:50 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Can they do that with a child? I know when it used to be under Bunac you weren't eligible if you had any dependents, but not clued on up the new rules under IEC.
Yes, you can apply with dependents.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:57 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

i am a roofer which i have 5 years experiance in and want to work in the roofing trade in canada
Are you sure?

Actually, its probably worse in the summer!

Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:00 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Me and my partner want to move to canada (torronto area) asap but we dont know how to do it ...

A bit about us ...
im 20 (21 at the end of march) my parner is 20 and we have 3 year old daughter . i am a roofer which i have 5 years experiance in and want to work in the roofing trade in canada my partner is a hairdresser.
we baught our own house at 18 and are looking to sell it to use the profit (£25,000- £30,000) to immigrate.
how do we go about doin this

we was looking at going with brazolot group but after reading some forums on here we r looking to diy ...but.. we dont know the first steps we have done the points system on migration expert and didnt quite get enough to aply for a skilled working visa ...what visa would you recamend?...
how much roughly dose it cost for all the process?
what checks do we need?
and how do we go about diy?

we would realy like to move there asap please help

thanks
Have you ever been to Canada? Do you know which part you're contemplating? Perhaps a trip over for a couple of weeks to explore one of the Provinces might be a good start. You might even make a contact or two in your own field. I think the Nova Scotia, North East coast is cheaper than British Columbia ot the Toronto/Vancouver conurbations. Mind you, I suppose there are more roofs to fix in the cities.

Good luck though - at your age, what an adventure it would be! I wish we'd done it when we were a few years younger.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Yes, you can apply with dependents.
Didn't realise you could do that under the new scheme, thanks PMM. Not sure many people will want to do that as it's a big upheaval for a child for potentially just a year, but it's good they've made it more open.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Didn't realise you could do that under the new scheme, thanks PMM. Not sure many people will want to do that as it's a big upheaval for a child for potentially just a year, but it's good they've made it more open.
you can get 2 visas (back to back) - so you could get 2 years working out there. not sure I would want to do it with children but it's a flexible option
Old Jan 29th 2011, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

irishgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there just read you post.have u found a job? i know that flynn.ca are looking for roofers.might be worth contacting them.are you guys in the uk? they are over nx wk doing interviews.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by irishgirl33
hi there just read you post.have u found a job? i know that flynn.ca are looking for roofers.might be worth contacting them.are you guys in the uk? they are over nx wk doing interviews.
hi yes we are still in the uk just put our house up for sale ...which part of the uk will they be taking interviews?? we did email them last week but haven't had a response
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by irishgirl33
how do you know they are over next week ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.