Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

We just got our medical requests! :)

We just got our medical requests! :)

Old Apr 16th 2011, 12:50 am
  #31  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Waggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Loughborough, England, UK
Posts: 908
Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: We just got our medical requests! :)

Originally Posted by J_Pablo View Post
I just got mine today too, and guess what - no label! I have also been asked to send a new Additional Family Information Form. But wow, what a relief!
Hi m8 - congrats. What are your timelines?

Weird, we have not been asked for new Additional Family Information but have been asked for updated Schedule 1s.

It all seems a bit random!

Wayne.
Waggle is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2011, 10:09 am
  #32  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 44
Jadantrak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We just got our medical requests! :)

Big congratulations to the Waggles
great to see some movement, maybe now will start to see benefits of new CIC system with timelines speeding up for everyone
Jadantrak is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2011, 10:30 am
  #33  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: London
Posts: 13
J_Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We just got our medical requests! :)

Thanks folks There does seem to have been a flurry of activity recently! I sent my docs to London in December (my timeline should appear below now) - I'm going through the Quebec Skilled Worker route.
J_Pablo is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2011, 9:59 pm
  #34  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 203
Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future
Default Re: We just got our medical requests! :)

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Waggle, happy days!!

Although I'm sure you've made alot of us quite jealous and especially bewildered as to how they at the CIC have processed your case so fast. You applied after June 26th and you're at medicals, that's incredible! but I guess someone deserves to get their visa's, all the best guy's....

Bal
Crushing is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2011, 9:20 am
  #35  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Waggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Loughborough, England, UK
Posts: 908
Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: We just got our medical requests! :)

Hi.

Yesterday (Tuesday 19th April) we just got back from our medical exams and wanted to share our experience. We took our medical exams at Tudor House Medical Practice in Nottingham, UK.

We got there about 15 mins early. When we got to the desk the lady took our Section A forms and our passports for verification and handed us urine bottle for samples and also a medical history questionnaire to fill out. It was pretty straightforward (have you ever had any hospital treatment/operations, any history of heart disease – about 15 questions in all). It had 3 pages. The back page is the consent form for allowing them to take a blood sample, and the middle page is all the stuff the doctor fills in during the medical examination.

Anyway, we had a further 40 minute wait since the doctor wasn’t there and had been called on an emergency because of a mad person! Wink The lady handed us back our passports fairly quickly, I can confirm we did not need to bring photocopies of the bio page with us.

Anyway when the doctor got back it was pretty quick. He agreed to do me first since we said I hate needles so the first thing he did was took my blood sample. Then my blood pressure, which he commented was excellent (130/80 not bad for a 38 year old! Wink) Then he examined inside my mouth and throat, inside my ears, and did an eye test without my glasses (no idea why they asked to bring my glasses to the exam because he never asked to see them or to do an eye test with them on).

Then I was asked to lay on the couch whilst he took a little hammer to test my reflexes on a few of my joints, and felt my stomach and some of my joints and then asked me to take some deep breaths whilst he listened to my breathing.

And then that was it! I’d ticked the “A” box which is no serious problems.

Same for my wife (although she was a bit mad that despite being nearly 10 years younger than me her blood pressure was slightly worse than mine! Her eye sight is better than mine though).

Then it was off to the local hospital for the X-rays. We were waiting about 15 mins, then they asked my wife to get changed into a gown, and she had her X-ray. I was in there all of 2 mins, the X-ray is standing up so it’s very quick. They confirmed that the image had taken ok and then we left.

The hospital said they’d send the X-rays to the doctors today, and the doctors said that all the results should be sent to CHC by Tuesday next week (would be a bit earlier but we have Friday and Monday as public holidays). So CHC should have everything by the end of next week.

We just need to give them a call for piece of mind around next Wednesday time to check there were no problems with the chest X-rays or blood tests.

Wayne.
Waggle is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2011, 9:23 am
  #36  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Waggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Loughborough, England, UK
Posts: 908
Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: We just got our medical requests! :)

Originally Posted by Bal uk View Post
Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Waggle, happy days!!

Although I'm sure you've made alot of us quite jealous and especially bewildered as to how they at the CIC have processed your case so fast. You applied after June 26th and you're at medicals, that's incredible! but I guess someone deserves to get their visa's, all the best guy's....

Bal
Thanks There seems little rhyme or reason to the order CHC London seem to be processing cases. One user from canadavisa.com is a London applicant whose application was received at the end of November 2010 received medical requests last weekend. Yet some other post-June-26 applicants who applied in July and August 2010 have still not even gone "In Process" yet!

Whereas we're obviously delighted we have had medicals, we do feel sorry for those that applied before us who have yet to hear - and I hope things speed up for them soon.

Wayne.
Waggle is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2011, 10:22 am
  #37  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: London
Posts: 13
J_Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We just got our medical requests! :)

I know what you mean Wayne, I have been shocked to see some of the timelines here - the CSQ route has worked out well for me so far.

Thanks for sharing your experiences! I have a question about the medicals... what are the passport photos for? I have been told to bring x3 to the medical and x1 to the x-Ray (booked for 4th May).
J_Pablo is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2011, 11:36 am
  #38  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Waggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Loughborough, England, UK
Posts: 908
Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: We just got our medical requests! :)

Originally Posted by J_Pablo View Post
I know what you mean Wayne, I have been shocked to see some of the timelines here - the CSQ route has worked out well for me so far.

Thanks for sharing your experiences! I have a question about the medicals... what are the passport photos for? I have been told to bring x3 to the medical and x1 to the x-Ray (booked for 4th May).
We brought 3, but only needed 2. One is for the DMP to attach to their medical findings, and the other is for the X-ray paperwork at the hospital.

We took a block of 4 photos and used 1 each for our updated police certificates, but took 3 just in case (since the CIC letters says take 3, even though the DMP only asks for 2).

It may vary from DMP to DMP though, so I would take the highest number of photos out of the CIC letter and the DMP instructions and play it safe!

Wayne.
Waggle is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:43 pm
  #39  
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,159
Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We just got our medical requests! :)

Originally Posted by Waggle View Post
Thanks There seems little rhyme or reason to the order CHC London seem to be processing cases. One user from canadavisa.com is a London applicant whose application was received at the end of November 2010 received medical requests last weekend. Yet some other post-June-26 applicants who applied in July and August 2010 have still not even gone "In Process" yet!Whereas we're obviously delighted we have had medicals, we do feel sorry for those that applied before us who have yet to hear - and I hope things speed up for them soon.

Wayne.

Seems like the "new system" will be as chaotic as the old & older systems.
Miss Clinique is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2011, 2:20 pm
  #40  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Waggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Loughborough, England, UK
Posts: 908
Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: We just got our medical requests! :)

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique View Post
Seems like the "new system" will be as chaotic as the old & older systems.
I see your passports took about 5 weeks to come back from posting them to having them back with visa in?

We're trying to decide whether to post ours once we get PPR, or take 2 trips down to London to drop off and collect again. I understand it can usually be done in 2 weeks if you do that?

The reason I ask is we already have a 2 week holiday to Canada booked at the end of August and would dearly like to validate our visa by then, but also we can't risk sending the passports off and if there is a delay having no passports with which to travel to Canada for our holiday!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Wayne.
Waggle is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2011, 9:06 pm
  #41  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 23
havana is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: We just got our medical requests! :)

Originally Posted by Waggle View Post
I see your passports took about 5 weeks to come back from posting them to having them back with visa in?

We're trying to decide whether to post ours once we get PPR, or take 2 trips down to London to drop off and collect again. I understand it can usually be done in 2 weeks if you do that?

The reason I ask is we already have a 2 week holiday to Canada booked at the end of August and would dearly like to validate our visa by then, but also we can't risk sending the passports off and if there is a delay having no passports with which to travel to Canada for our holiday!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Wayne.
Congrats waggle, seems things are really moving. I am waiting for the medics. got questions for you:
1-is there a deadline for sending the medical form and other documents, any instructions on the letter, or any idea?
2-how much is the medical tests per person, and is the X-ray to be arranged by the doctor also (I guess..)?
3-should one send passport with these documents?? what about the interview, bit confused..

thanks
havana is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2011, 9:43 pm
  #42  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Waggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Loughborough, England, UK
Posts: 908
Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: We just got our medical requests! :)

Originally Posted by havana View Post
Congrats waggle, seems things are really moving. I am waiting for the medics. got questions for you:
1-is there a deadline for sending the medical form and other documents, any instructions on the letter, or any idea?
2-how much is the medical tests per person, and is the X-ray to be arranged by the doctor also (I guess..)?
3-should one send passport with these documents?? what about the interview, bit confused..

thanks
Hi Havana, in answer to your questions:

1) They gave us 60 days for medicals and 60 days for RPRF and the other documents. The actual form said 90 days but someone had crossed than out and wrote 60 in pen!

2) We paid £474 in total for tests and x-rays for 2 of us. This will vary a bit from DMP to DMP. Also, if any of you have multiple piercings (i.e. more than just your ears pierced) you may need extra blood tests for Hepititus making it more expensive - so you may need to budget up to £600 for 2 adults. For more info, if you check out my blog I have detailed our complete medicals experience there from a link at the top.

3) No need to send passports at this stage, CHC London will request them when they are ready to finalise/issue visa. No idea about an interview - we haven't been requested to attend one. From what I can gather from other visa offices "Interview scheduled" is a line which is added to your ECAS detail if they want to interview you. But very few people at London seem to get interviews, it's only if they are unsure about anything.

Wayne.
Waggle is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2011, 10:42 pm
  #43  
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,159
Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We just got our medical requests! :)

Originally Posted by Waggle View Post
I see your passports took about 5 weeks to come back from posting them to having them back with visa in?

We're trying to decide whether to post ours once we get PPR, or take 2 trips down to London to drop off and collect again. I understand it can usually be done in 2 weeks if you do that?

The reason I ask is we already have a 2 week holiday to Canada booked at the end of August and would dearly like to validate our visa by then, but also we can't risk sending the passports off and if there is a delay having no passports with which to travel to Canada for our holiday!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Wayne.
We are in Canada which is why our's took a little longer. They got to London on 10th March and back to us on 13th April, which I dont think is too bad to be honest. If I was in the UK I would certainly drop them off and collect.
Miss Clinique is offline  
Old Apr 21st 2011, 8:07 am
  #44  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Waggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Loughborough, England, UK
Posts: 908
Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: We just got our medical requests! :)

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique View Post
We are in Canada which is why our's took a little longer. They got to London on 10th March and back to us on 13th April, which I dont think is too bad to be honest. If I was in the UK I would certainly drop them off and collect.
Yeah we're certainly planning to drop them off and collect, but just depends if my wife can get a day off work and then another day off 2 weeks later.

Wayne.
Waggle is offline  
Old Apr 21st 2011, 3:50 pm
  #45  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Coffeepot's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: back in Cambs
Posts: 7,157
Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We just got our medical requests! :)

Originally Posted by Waggle View Post
Yeah we're certainly planning to drop them off and collect, but just depends if my wife can get a day off work and then another day off 2 weeks later.

Wayne.
Fab news
Coffeepot is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.