Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

We just got our medical requests! :)

We just got our medical requests! :)

Old Apr 14th 2011, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default We just got our medical requests! :)

Hi all - am very pleased to announce that we got our medical requests today!
In addition for medicals for both of us they are asking for:
- Updated Schedule 1 forms for both of us
- Updated police certificates for both of us

Regarding the PCCs, I assume since ours run out on 17th July 2011 they feel it's cutting it a bit close to the wire, hence why they want fresh ones.

Really puzzled as to why they are asking for new Schedule 1s. The only change is that my company has been taken over and has a new name, but my job and duties haven't changed and we informed them of it.

On the correspondence they sent they gave no indication why they wanted new forms.

Ah well, no biggy Just very glad to get the medical requests! We're booked in for 1.30pm next Tuesday for medicals.

Wayne + Susan
Old Apr 14th 2011, 12:16 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We just got our medical requests! :)

I'm fairly certain at some point we were asked for updated schedule 1s.
Probably routine if the form is more than a certain age.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 1:46 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

That is great news - could you just let me know two things (I am working on a new theory here):

1. Did you apply under FSW1; and
2. What NOC did you apply under?

Ta !
Old Apr 14th 2011, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
That is great news - could you just let me know two things (I am working on a new theory here):

1. Did you apply under FSW1; and
2. What NOC did you apply under?

Ta !
Hi - FSW1, NOC 3131. My wife is the principal applicant (industrial pharmacist).

We got our PER on 15th December 2010. We have not had any 2nd AOR or any other communcation, so these medicals are the first communication from CIC since received our PER from CIO in December.

And I love new theories, so do tell?

Wayne.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Waggle
Hi - FSW1, NOC 3131. My wife is the principal applicant (industrial pharmacist).

We got our PER on 15th December 2010. We have not had any 2nd AOR or any other communcation, so these medicals are the first communication from CIC since received our PER from CIO in December.

And I love new theories, so do tell?

Wayne.
Congratulations on your med requests coming through.
it would appear that your NOC is very desirable in Ca right now and you are being fast tracked ?!
I am of course green with envy! but still wish you a speedy process nonetheless
Old Apr 14th 2011, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all

Congratulations to you both...how exciting.

Can I ask; was it via email or post?

We are in Canada at the moment and were wondering if something might be sitting on the doormat on our return...

Nearly there now...Best of Luck to you.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by heading-west
it would appear that your NOC is very desirable in Ca right now and you are being fast tracked ?!
Not sure about fast-tracked per say. The post-June-26 process is by design faster than it's pre-June-26 counterpart because you send all your documents up front. So the 2 months that pre-June-26 applicants spend gathering documents during the 120 day phase, the post-June-26 applicants have to do before they even apply.

However this pay big dividends at the visa office since they have far less work to do prior to issuing medical requests.

We also have a "fairly" simple case - PA+spouse only, 76 points, 8.5 IELTS etc. There are still a couple of October 2010 applicants got medical requests ahead of us, yet plenty of people who applied before us who have heard nothing yet - so I imagine it depends on a great deal of factors!

Wayne.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by heading-west
Hi - it was by normal mail. We never received a 2nd AOR or anything, so this is the first we've officialy heard since receiving our 1st AOR/PER from CIO in December 2010.

They sent 2 medical forms with our photographs on, a sheet with medical instructions, and then a covering checklist where they ask for the medicals, and also for the new Schedule 1's, RPRF and fresh PCCs.

Wayne.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 3:30 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations! That must be a weight off
Old Apr 14th 2011, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations! I'm envious of how quick you can book a medical... I have to wait 3 weeks here in Glasgow!
Old Apr 14th 2011, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by izzi81
congratulations! I'm envious of how quick you can book a medical... I have to wait 3 weeks here in Glasgow!
Aye! Although we're going to have to wait a week or two for fresh PCCs, so we can't get CHC everything they need for several weeks anyway.

I think it all works on brought forward dates so as long as they get everything before the next brought forward date (guessing that will be approximately 60 days if that's what they have given us) I don't think it'll effect when we'll get PPR.

Wayne.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 4:18 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Waggle
Aye! Although we're going to have to wait a week or two for fresh PCCs, so we can't get CHC everything they need for several weeks anyway.

I think it all works on brought forward dates so as long as they get everything before the next brought forward date (guessing that will be approximately 60 days if that's what they have given us) I don't think it'll effect when we'll get PPR.

Wayne.
By PCC's do you mean police certs? I thought they were good for a year once CIC have received them provided they get them within 3 months of them being issued? I'm sure I read that somewhere on here.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by engineer80
By PCC's do you mean police certs? I thought they were good for a year once CIC have received them provided they get them within 3 months of them being issued? I'm sure I read that somewhere on here.
Yes they are "good" for a year. However, your case has to be finalised (i.e. visa in passport) before the 1 year is up.

Ours expire on 17th July therefore I reckon CIC are not completely confident they will have our visas in the passport by then, therefore they are asking for fresh ones to prevent possible delays in a few months time?

A bit nervous about the medicals - got my friend's stag do this weekend and he's brewed 80 pints of home brew, and since I am the best man I can't wimp out on the beer too much! Got Sunday + Monday to recover and the medicals are on Tuesday though so hoping all will be good.

Wayne.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 4:52 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on medical requests.

We also got a request for updated sched 1, new police check and RPRF at the time of our medical requests. Amazingley there were a few things to update on ours!
Old Apr 14th 2011, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Congrats on medical requests.

We also got a request for updated sched 1, new police check and RPRF at the time of our medical requests. Amazingley there were a few things to update on ours!
We were asked to use their label when mailing the stuff back to them, and they haven't included a label!! I am guessing it is just the label with barcode + file number that they stamped on all the docs they sent us (and helpfully didn't include for us to stick on the return docs!).

Ah well, guess we'll have to just write our file number and a covering letter with all our info!

Wayne.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.