Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

We have LMO but need help with paperwork for Work permit....

Wikiposts

We have LMO but need help with paperwork for Work permit....

Old Feb 20th 2007, 9:56 am
Just Joined

kazclan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We have LMO but need help with paperwork for Work permit....

Hi Guys
Can anyone help us, we have just been told by my husbands prosective employer in canada that the LMO has come through, and it is Positive , it took only 3 1/2 weeks from initial application to getting the LMO. The next stage is what is bothering us, we do not want to botch it up at this stage, we have looked on the CIC website, and read the guide and list several times, and it mentions at the bottom of the list 'any additional documents that the visa office may require', our question is does any one know what these additional documents are????

Any help or assitance would be gratefully appreciated.

Many Thanks
Kazclan
Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:28 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We have LMO but need help with paperwork for Work permit....

These are case and circumstances specific documents that are unique to particular applicant and his/her application. It is impossible to list hundreds of thousands of different circumstances and what documents may apply for them.

Phrase 'any additional documents that the visa office may require' simply cannot be more defined - it may or may not be as crucial with work permit application, but is certainly a major factor overlooked by most PR visa applicants who take DIY route, instead of retaining assistance of experienced authorized immigration representative.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

stephenbottcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default From Portsmouth, Hants to Ontario ...

Andrew has a point but should you decide to go the DIY route, read here and get some real life down to earth guidelines:

http://www.stephenbottcher.net/imm.htm#Chapter1

Take care.

Stephen
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:24 am
Am a Sparky get me outa ?

tombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nice
Smile que

Hi kazclan am new to this site due to a a google search tht came up with one of your old posts. That same post you mention your husband sent his cv off to different companies and a company offered him work instead of using a solicitiors, how long as the process took so far from job offer and how much more to go?
Am an electrician and hoping to immigrate with my family however due to the processing time i think up to four years ive been looking at a company called ****************, tho they charge £6500 they can get you out quick. Have you or anyone else in the forum heard of them or know anyone whos used them?
If you or anyone else can help would be great
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:39 am
James Anderson

Default Re: que

Originally Posted by tombo1979
Hi kazclan am new to this site due to a a google search tht came up with one of your old posts. That same post you mention your husband sent his cv off to different companies and a company offered him work instead of using a solicitiors, how long as the process took so far from job offer and how much more to go?
Am an electrician and hoping to immigrate with my family however due to the processing time i think up to four years ive been looking at a company called ****************, tho they charge £6500 they can get you out quick. Have you or anyone else in the forum heard of them or know anyone whos used them?
If you or anyone else can help would be great
What is the name of the Company? Way too expensive. I've been quoted much lower with several companies.

Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:08 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kazclan
Hi Guys
Can anyone help us, we have just been told by my husbands prosective employer in canada that the LMO has come through, and it is Positive , it took only 3 1/2 weeks from initial application to getting the LMO. The next stage is what is bothering us, we do not want to botch it up at this stage, we have looked on the CIC website, and read the guide and list several times, and it mentions at the bottom of the list 'any additional documents that the visa office may require', our question is does any one know what these additional documents are????

Any help or assitance would be gratefully appreciated.

Many Thanks
Kazclan
I'm not an expert by any means but definately take certificates to show your qualifications for the job, any certificates for memberships of organisations connected to your employment (ie I'm a nurse so I had to take proof that I had registration with BC nursing board). Take a CV which shows that you have experience in working in the field for which you have you LMO, details of previous jobs etc.Take passport, birth certs for you ( and wife/children ) if they are on your application. Take your job offer letter and obviously your LMO form/details, Take your photos for everyone on your application ( in the right format with canadian sizing) correct money for the application,
Thats all I had to take but someone said recently that the CIC on the american side had greater detail than the UK site.
Hope this helps.
Almost forgot it also mentions a self addressed registered envelope for them to send reply back to you (take a pen if you go in person as well as they don't have any there and people were asking everyone else in line because most had forgotten this envelope,)
Good luck
Terese
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:42 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by terese677
I'm not an expert by any means but definately take certificates to show your qualifications for the job, any certificates for memberships of organisations connected to your employment (ie I'm a nurse so I had to take proof that I had registration with BC nursing board). Take a CV which shows that you have experience in working in the field for which you have you LMO, details of previous jobs etc.Take passport, birth certs for you ( and wife/children ) if they are on your application. Take your job offer letter and obviously your LMO form/details, Take your photos for everyone on your application ( in the right format with canadian sizing) correct money for the application,
Thats all I had to take but someone said recently that the CIC on the american side had greater detail than the UK site.
Hope this helps.
Almost forgot it also mentions a self addressed registered envelope for them to send reply back to you (take a pen if you go in person as well as they don't have any there and people were asking everyone else in line because most had forgotten this envelope,)
Good luck
Terese
One thing forgot to mention, copies of passports and occupational certificates were ok when I handed mine in