Wikiposts

we got something

Old Jun 13th 2002, 11:20 am
Michal

Default we got something

Hi, I am spnsoring my wife from within Canada, and we are past the medicals stage. A
few days ago we got a letter that appears very promising, but I would like to find
out what to expect now.

The letter says: "We are pleased to advice you that processing of your application
has been completed. The CIC in Etobicoke will contact you concerning your permanent
resident status. (...) Please be prepared to submit the total fee of $975 (in the
form ...) to the Immigration Centre when you attend your landing appointment.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your dependants, if any, will
be required to present the original identification documents to the CIC. A final
decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that
time. (...)"

As you can probably gather from the above, we have not paid our ROLF yet.

My questions are as follows:
- the appoinment they talk about - is this what is known as "interview" or will we
just go to pay the ROLF and pick up the papers?
- they say "please be prepared to submit the total fee..." - does this mean that I
should wait until they call us and make the payment then, or can I pay the ROLF
using the pink slips, send them a copy and wait for the call for the appointment?
- how long is the typical wait from such a letter to the "appointment" and
granting of PR?

Thanks in advance Michal

Jan-M Hamelink

Default Re: we got something

I think this is what you have been waiting for. You will probably get your PR.

Jan

"Michal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, I am spnsoring my wife from within Canada, and we are past the medicals stage.
    > A few days ago we got a letter that appears very promising, but I would like to
    > find out what to expect now.
    >
    > The letter says: "We are pleased to advice you that processing of your application
    > has been completed. The CIC in Etobicoke will contact you concerning your permanent
    > resident status. (...) Please be prepared to submit the total fee of $975 (in the
    > form ...) to the Immigration Centre when you attend your landing appointment.
    >
    > Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your dependants, if any, will
    > be required to present the original identification documents to the CIC. A final
    > decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that
    > time. (...)"
    >
    > As you can probably gather from the above, we have not paid our ROLF yet.
    >
    > My questions are as follows:
    > - the appoinment they talk about - is this what is known as "interview" or will we
    > just go to pay the ROLF and pick up the papers?
    > - they say "please be prepared to submit the total fee..." - does this mean that I
    > should wait until they call us and make the payment then, or can I pay the ROLF
    > using the pink slips, send them a copy and wait for the call for the appointment?
    > - how long is the typical wait from such a letter to the "appointment" and granting
    > of PR?
    >
    > Thanks in advance Michal

Jan-M Hamelink

What is your timeline?

> Hi, I am spnsoring my wife from within Canada, and we are past the medicals stage.
    > A few days ago we got a letter that appears very promising, but I would like to
    >
    > The letter says: "We are pleased to advice you that processing of your application
    > has been completed. The CIC in Etobicoke will contact you concerning your permanent
    > resident status. (...) Please be prepared to submit the total fee of $975 (in the
    >
    > Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your dependants, if any, will
    > be required to present the original identification documents to the CIC. A final
    > decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that
    > time. (...)"
    >
    >
    > - the appoinment they talk about - is this what is known as "interview" or will we
    > - they say "please be prepared to submit the total fee..." - does this mean that I
    > should wait until they call us and make the payment then, or can I pay the ROLF
    > using the pink slips, send them a copy and wait for the call for the appointment?
    > - how long is the typical wait from such a letter to the "appointment" and granting
    > of PR?
    >

Old Jun 13th 2002, 4:20 pm
Pmm

Hi Michal

>
    >
    > time. (...)"
    >
    >

Pay Rolf and be landed.

Either or.

> of PR?

Depends on the office and most will be slow due to training and the implementation of
the new act, but I would think within a month.

PMM
    >

Old Jun 14th 2002, 11:20 am
Michal

"Jan-M Hamelink" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] m>...
    > What is your timeline?
    >

Here it is:

- first week of December -> send in the application
- December 17 -> Vegreville received the application
- January 10 -> Vegreville started processing the application
- March 07 -> got a letter saying that the application for processing from Canada
was approved along with the forms for medicals and a request for police clearance
from Poland
- April 24 -> medicals completed (we had to repeat one of the tests)
- April 27 -> send in police clearance
- June 6 -> e-client app status changed to Decision Made and a letter has been
sent to us
- June 10 -> we got the letter

Michal