We are all done......!!!!!!

Old Aug 6th 2019, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default We are all done......!!!!!!

Hello everyone, so it has been a very good-looking 1 and a half years lol 😁 but we have finally landed. Wow what a journey!!!! But first of all i would honestly like to thank everyone on here that has helped me make this possible especially christma ssompa, sioxee, and former lancastian, I generally believe i couldn't have done it without you guys so from the bottom of my family's heart we thank you xxxx. So if you're still reading this I'll do the boring timeline lol 😏😏 obviously they have updated my ci c login of were the checks were and stuff but obviously i couldn't see this. Bcpnp paper basedbased- p.r application received November 19th 2017 Aor - January 19th 2018. Moved over here 3 days later with out 2 year work permit. Started panicking that nothing has happened in July for politepoy told by christmasoompa that they probably hadn't even looked at it (which was correct as usual) eligibility passed March 20th 2019 April 29th 2019 medical s passed (they didn't forget about us😁) may 8th prf payment automatically our progress bar dropped from July 16 to June 16th (weird) may 21at background check complete, July 3rd passport requests copr received jul y 24thth. So down to the border at Abbotsford on Saturday at the American side was a lovely officer told him we were flaggpoling he then asked if we had estas !!!! I wasn't expecting that we said no so we had to sign a waiver (maybe f.l can explain?) Sent us over to canadia n immigration it was lunchtime and I was expecting it to be heaving but no there was no one in there 6 cbsa officers sitting there twiddling there thumbs πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ told him we was landing he told us go take a seat (think this but was the scariest bit of the whole immigration process) called us back and asked us how much we have in our bank account ? Sat black down 5 minute s later told us to sign our Cole's and said congratulations. Not footed out there before he changed his mind lol πŸ˜€ then went and got a well deserved kebab from the shop in Abbotsford πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ to celebrate. So will in all of anyone is still reading 21 monthmonth BUT I had a bit of a delay for a month and a half waiting for my daughter s new passport so paper based process ing times are pretty on the mark. Anyway we are all settled in Kamloops b.c now and living life i really have no intention of ever moving back to the u.kk. Don't get me wrong there has been homesickness and there will always be part time that misses the u.k but no couldn't move back there now. So that's our journey (still have to wait for p.r cards) hope you enjoyed my journey hopefully this helps someone on here all our love tamasin and family xxxxx
Old Aug 6th 2019, 4:40 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We are all done......!!!!!!

Woohooo!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!
It's been a long time coming, but totally worth it

Welcome to Canada eh!
Attached Thumbnails We are all done......!!!!!!-welcome-home-canada-cake.jpg  
Old Aug 11th 2019, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

tomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! I am in the pool for BC PNP through Express Entry and waiting for an ITA (points dropped a decent amount last week) so hopefully an ITA will soon come my way! How did you find the process dealing with the BC PNP program? I am also in Kamloops and been here for a year and a half, it’s a great place with a small town feel I find, I like the more quiet and calm atmosphere of Kamloops instead of a big city like Vancouver. I’m sure you’ll like it here in Kamloops! Welcome and congratulations again on PR
Old Aug 11th 2019, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello tom, we have been in Kamloops for a year and a half as well !! We qualified for bcpnp in the UK before we moved here on 2 year work permits i think bcpnp is less stressful than the actual ee immigration process. Were about in Kamloops are you ? We are in Aberdeen, are you here on your own ? We absolutely love it here
Old Aug 11th 2019, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

tomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tamasin1
Hello tom, we have been in Kamloops for a year and a half as well !! We qualified for bcpnp in the UK before we moved here on 2 year work permits i think bcpnp is less stressful than the actual ee immigration process. Were about in Kamloops are you ? We are in Aberdeen, are you here on your own ? We absolutely love it here
Awesome! Kamloops is pretty awesome, loads of stuff to do! I’m glad to hear that the PNP process is fairly easy compared to the federal immigration process! Me and my girlfriend are in Pineview, so fairly close to Aberdeen! We’re saving up to buy our own house once my PR is sorted out, which will hopefully be next summer fingers crossed!
Old Aug 11th 2019, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

On so you're just up the road to us then !! It's just me and my husband and daughter she goes to secondary school and has really settler well lol😌 we're did you both come from in the UK ? We are from essex
Old Aug 11th 2019, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

On so you're just up the road to us then !! It's just me and my husband and daughter she goes to secondary school and has really settler well lol😌 we're did you both come from in the UK ? We are from essex
Yes not far, I find Kamloops is pretty spread out though which is nice, not all confined like Kelowna is in some places! That’s awesome, how are you all finding it here with work and schools? I am from London originally (Hampton) but we moved to the south west when I was 11. Then I moved over here a year and a half ago, definitely more potential here in my job than in the U.K. so I’m glad I made the move! I’m here on an IEC visa right now but hoping to get PNP nomination soon and get an additional two year permit to keep working and then apply for PR!
Old Aug 11th 2019, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

We come over here for my job that was in demand and my husband found a job quite easily we could perhaps meet up one day when its not raining like it is at the moment lolol πŸ˜€
Old Aug 11th 2019, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

We come over here for my job that was in demand and my husband found a job quite easily we could perhaps meet up one day when its not raining like it is at the moment lolol πŸ˜€
Thats awesome, what do you do for a job here in Kamloops? I know the weather is pretty bad out today ☹️ Definitely not normal Kamloops weather!
Old Aug 12th 2019, 12:58 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomcobb16

Yes not far, I find Kamloops is pretty spread out though which is nice, not all confined like Kelowna is in some places! That’s awesome, how are you all finding it here with work and schools? I am from London originally (Hampton) but we moved to the south west when I was 11. Then I moved over here a year and a half ago, definitely more potential here in my job than in the U.K. so I’m glad I made the move! I’m here on an IEC visa right now but hoping to get PNP nomination soon and get an additional two year permit to keep working and then apply for PR!
Just butting in to say that PNP is the application for Permanent Residency - through Provincial Nomination - once nominated you must submit the rest of the application for PR within months, you may get a letter of support from the Province allowing you to get a work permit (usually closed to the employer who sponsored you for PNP) which allows you to continue to work until your PR application is finalised.
Old Aug 12th 2019, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Just butting in to say that PNP is the application for Permanent Residency - through Provincial Nomination - once nominated you must submit the rest of the application for PR within months, you may get a letter of support from the Province allowing you to get a work permit (usually closed to the employer who sponsored you for PNP) which allows you to continue to work until your PR application is finalised.
Hi Siouxie! Yes, been reading up on the PNP process and the plan is to get a work permit support letter to keep on working whilst I get everything else submitted for PR! Just need an ITA from the program now, and EEBC dropped from 110 points to 104 so looking hopeful for an ITA sooner rather than later (currently on 101 points) and I have sent in the forms for my C of Q so should be hearing about that soon too!