Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Which way would you go to get into Canada?

Which way would you go to get into Canada?

Old Aug 26th 2018, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

neneromanova is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which way would you go to get into Canada?

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall watching that
Old Aug 28th 2018, 12:49 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Hey, you are where you are! Hopefully you can claw those few extra points from your wife's IELTS. There's always hope if you really want something. It sounds like you're tantalizingly close to the magic number.
Hey Guys, Thanks for the input. The wife was not happy as one would expect! Realistically, that's the easiest area that we can improve upon which should tip us over for the extra points required.

She is revising so if she has to redo the test she can. I'm going to wait a few months to see how the draws pan out and look into the info Siouxie has given.
Old Aug 28th 2018, 2:53 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
You told her that did you?
The wife is perfect! (Being watched over my shoulder by the wife with saucepan in hand!)
Old Sep 10th 2018, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Well I've had a reply back from WES saying that I haven't sent everything in and to check their required documents. We have sent everything that their "required documents" section says, but are now saying that we should have sent in a certificate for the HND when it only asks for a transcript. I've emailed them to enquire and they've sent back a standard template saying check their required documents. It's unbelieveable. I've sent them another email saying we have (plus sent screenshots ) It's not helping my impatience
Old Sep 10th 2018, 9:18 am
Knight of Constantinople

Originally Posted by neneromanova
Well I've had a reply back from WES saying that I haven't sent everything in and to check their required documents. We have sent everything that their "required documents" section says, but are now saying that we should have sent in a certificate for the HND when it only asks for a transcript. I've emailed them to enquire and they've sent back a standard template saying check their required documents. It's unbelieveable. I've sent them another email saying we have (plus sent screenshots ) It's not helping my impatience
WES are a complete joke. After dealing with them for what seems a simple process turns quickly into a nightmare!

Re-send them all documentation they are asking for and keep on them about problems you can see. Tell them that you have already sent the required information once and will re-send.

I think they require both the transcripts and the completion certificate. Send it anyway so there is no 'if's and but's'.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

I cant resend it as that's another £150!
Old Sep 10th 2018, 9:31 am
Knight of Constantinople

I cant resend it as that's another £150!
Ring and ask them if they accept the transcripts and certificate via email. Ask your institution to re-send them as it is only an email afterall.

It should not cost you anymore as you've already paid the processing fee. Your documents are currently incomplete so the status should be pending.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 9:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm. Saying WES are a 'complete joke' seems somewhat harsh IMO g0ldie.

Neneromanova, what are you selecting on the section to find out the required documents? I've just checked and the first thing it says they require is a certificate. Are you definitely on the ECA section of the website? Was your education in the UK?
Old Sep 10th 2018, 9:43 am
Knight of Constantinople

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hmmm. Saying WES are a 'complete joke' seems somewhat harsh IMO g0ldie.

Neneromanova, what are you selecting on the section to find out the required documents? I've just checked and the first thing it says they require is a certificate. Are you definitely on the ECA section of the website? Was your education in the UK?
Trust me, once you've dealt with them via telephone and email then you will understand! They do not deal with your issues but instead put you on the back burner whilst they deal with their urgent matters. You have to make a fuss to even be heard! I've detailed my case thoroughly and will be putting in a complaint once I get to Canada.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 9:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G0ldie
Trust me, once you've dealt with them via telephone and email then you will understand! They do not deal with your issues but instead put you on the back burner whilst they deal with their urgent matters. You have to make a fuss to even be heard! I've detailed my case thoroughly and will be putting in a complaint once I get to Canada.
I've dealt with them numerous times over the years. They've always been ok IME. To be fair to WES, you did send them something which CIC say on their website you can't get assessed by WES for ECA purposes! Hence why I thought your comment was a little unfair.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

It's a UK Education. Higher Education HND saying it wants

1. Transcript of Academic Records/Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)

+

2. Confirmation of Doctoral Degree Conferral

But as it's not a doctoral degree we can't give that
Old Sep 10th 2018, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

FFS, I think I've just realised my mistake. They don't class it as Higher Education like we do do they.....
Old Sep 10th 2018, 9:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

It's a UK Education. Higher Education HND saying it wants1. Transcript of Academic Records/Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)

+2. Confirmation of Doctoral Degree Conferral

But as it's not a doctoral degree we can't give that
Ah, you've selected the wrong thing. An HND in a professional subject rather than academic (as you mention on a previous thread it's in Computing, and it's an 'Externally Examined Qualifiiation') so would come under 'Further and Professional Education'. So select that and you'll get the right required documents.

HTH.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

I feel like such a tit now
Old Sep 10th 2018, 10:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I feel like such a tit now
don't worry about it, so many different rules and regulations with a PR app, mistakes are bound to happen! At least it's not a vital one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.