Warning about TWP expiration

Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:15 pm
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice
Default Warning about TWP expiration

My TWP ran out on 31st December, I'd applied to have it extended back in September but because I made a mistake I was informed the extension was refused on December 9th. So I rang up and found out that being as I still had time on my permit I caould reapply as long as I did so before the 31st.

So that's what I did.

December 29th the London CIC office sent me the passport requests for my PR application. So I sent my passport and photos off to blighty.

Last Monday I got an email that I've pasted below:

"Please be advised that we have recently received your passports as requested by our office for visa issuance. We note that your previous work permit has now expired and before we are able to issue your visas you are required to submit the following:

A copy of your current work permit and a current reference letter from your employer (no more than 2 months old) from your employer stating that your employer has offered to employ you on an indeterminate basis once you receive a permanent resident visa.

or
Evidence of sufficient settlement funds. for you and your dependents. These must be transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations. Include proof of savings, property ownership documents (with a statement of the outstanding mortgage and official valuation) and proof of any other assets, debts and other financial obligations. Clearly state the exact amount in Canadian dollars. For further information visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06e.pdf"

I'm pleased to say that after emailing them copies of my bank statements they've issued the visa and my passport is being returned.

Just thought I'd give people the heads up.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Warning about TWP expiration

Glad it's all worked out for you and you got your PR visas, congratulations!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

Thanks for posting about that, as it may come in handy for me. And congratulations!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:54 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshchem
I'm pleased to say that after emailing them copies of my bank statements they've issued the visa and my passport is being returned.

Just thought I'd give people the heads up.
Bugger. We're stuck with you?

<congratulation mate>
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Narnarvish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, wonder if you can tell me when you submitted your PR application. Was it fast tracked via London? When did you get med requests?
I am currently working in Toronto on work permit, I submitted my PR application via London (fast track as employer will convert my employment to permanent). Have had no AOR, but found my file number from back of cashed bankers draft, tracked online, began processing 24th September 08.
Many thanks.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:55 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

So, let me get this right, had you not had the funds, you'd be in the crap somewhat as it would be a chicken and egg scenario?

How much notice do they need for TWP extension, mine is due to expire Aug next year - probably should think about doing it soon
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:31 am
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice

My timeline was along the lines of:

Application Sent: Apr 08
File Created: Jul 08
Med Requests: Oct 08
Med Sent: 31st Oct 08
Passport Request: 9th December 08

As for the TWP, the CIC website was spot on with the estimate of 75 days to process an extension request.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Narnarvish
Hi, wonder if you can tell me when you submitted your PR application. Was it fast tracked via London? When did you get med requests?
I am currently working in Toronto on work permit, I submitted my PR application via London (fast track as employer will convert my employment to permanent). Have had no AOR, but found my file number from back of cashed bankers draft, tracked online, began processing 24th September 08.
Many thanks.

interested re your file no on back of cashed bankers draft did your bank find this number for you?

sorry to hijack op but this is interesting stuff!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

As had not received an AOR was desperate to try to track application online, so went to bank to find out if bankers draft had been checked, asked them for a copy of it, which they got with no problem at all. There was a photocopy of the back of it, with a bar code and a number beginning with B, so I just put it into ECAS and there it was!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

you star huge thanks and very best of luck
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

When you renewed your work permit, did you get a new LMO? If you did, did you have the LMO before you submitted your request for new work permit?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:54 pm
Property Owner

Originally Posted by Narnarvish
When you renewed your work permit, did you get a new LMO? If you did, did you have the LMO before you submitted your request for new work permit?
It was based on an intra-company transfer so was exempt from LMO. So I've no idea what you need to do first I'm afraid.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply. I have to get a new LMO, my employer is submitting it now, then I can apply for a new work permit. Would be nice if PR came through before that, but have to get ball rolling, don't want to run out of time!!