Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Wanting to move to Canada on full basis

Wanting to move to Canada on full basis

Old May 23rd 2013, 6:44 am
bsp
Just Joined

bsp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wanting to move to Canada on full basis

hi there

I am wanting to move to Canada as my girlfriend is Canadian. I am 29 but nearly 30. I am a qualified Paralegal. I see so many companies looking to help you with immigration and helping you find a job but having read review a lot of them seem to be a scam. Does anyone know the best firm to contact to help advise me correctly?

thanks
Old May 23rd 2013, 6:56 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting to move to Canada on full basis

Originally Posted by bsp
hi there

I am wanting to move to Canada as my girlfriend is Canadian. I am 29 but nearly 30. I am a qualified Paralegal. I see so many companies looking to help you with immigration and helping you find a job but having read review a lot of them seem to be a scam. Does anyone know the best firm to contact to help advise me correctly?

thanks
Do you want job finding advice or legal advice on the best route for immigration itself?
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:06 am
bsp
Just Joined

I want to find a job before going over. I would like to know who I can contact in the uk to help with firstly see what type of visa that i can get and secondly help me find work before I go.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 2:00 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bsp
I want to find a job before going over. I would like to know who I can contact in the uk to help with firstly see what type of visa that i can get and secondly help me find work before I go.
You should look at the Wiki to see some of the 50+ ways of coming to Canada to live.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...an_Immigration

Unless you have a complex background, you should be quite capable of filling out the application forms yourself - there is no need to waste money on an Immigration Consultant.

If you want to come over initially to work then your best bet is the IEC working holiday visa - a 1 year open work permit - which should open again in January. I see from another thread that you are getting married soon, in which case an IEC would get you over here initially and then your spouse could sponsor your for PR.

Old Oct 28th 2013, 2:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bsp
hi there

thanks
What is a qualified paralegal (which organisation provided you with your certification), as I have never heard of such a thing?

Which Province do you wish to move to? Some Provinces regulate their paralegals, some don't and, without such accreditation, you will not be able to market yourself as a paralegal.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Jimjoiner is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck...

As working in Canada normally requires a positive LMO decision, and LMO decisions are dependant on vacancies being advertised on the Canada Job Bank - this is a great place to start http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/intro-eng.aspx

With regards to legal representation, good for piece of mind BUT very hard on the wallet. You are obviously a bright person, and hindsight taught me:
* I still had to do most of the legwork myself
* All of the relevant information is readily available on line
* The lawyers bills were racking up every time i emailed wrote or called

I am sure this will work out for you - and Oh, last thing just take a look at the NOC listings to see what classification your Job has

JJ
Old Oct 28th 2013, 3:58 am
bsp
Just Joined

Thanks for all your help