Wanting to emigrate ...

Old Jun 23rd 2003, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

photoads is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wanting to emigrate ...

Hi,

Have been lurking around this board for a while now and think it is fantastic, what with the knowledge & the support you all offer.

Anyway, my wife and I want to start something new hopefully with a family to follow! We both live in the UK and want to move to Canada.

I work for a US company Pitney Bowes maintaning/installing large high volume mailing machines as used by banks & utilities to send out bills & junk mail. I have been intouch with the HR director who has no problem offering me a job when one comes available, but they do not appear very often. Whilst the job is skilled I do not have any paper qualifications so moving into other engineering jobs would be a problem.

My question is do we go ahead and start the ball rolling with the immigration process even though I have no firm offer of a job, or do we wait it out?

I also run a series of successful websites here in the UK that earn me more than enough to support the wife & I. These can be run anywhere in the world and I would like to replicate them for Canada. Whilst not reaching the "Entrepreneur" status to enter Canada could this be used as a means to get into Canada?

Sorry to harp on its just my head is full of do we do this or do we do that.

Any help gratefully received. It would be Toronto based if going with Pitney Bowes

Regards & thanks for reading

Iain
www.usedcarmart.co.uk