Want to move to Canada help!!

Old Mar 20th 2023, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Ozzy23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Want to move to Canada help!!

Hi All.
I am looking for advice on moving to Canada and come across this site. Was hoping someone might be able to help.
Myself and my wife have decided we would love to immigrate to Canada, I am a lorry driver and I seen recently that this has now been moved to skilled worker for express entry, the problem that I have is that I don't have any education, I left school to my shame with only 1 c grade, all the rest was below that. I am obviously very sorry now that I didnt apply myself and just hope that this doesn't further hold me back. If anyone here is able to help with my best route to look towards it would be greatly appreciated.
ThanksChris
Old Mar 20th 2023, 11:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to move to Canada help!!

Hi welcome to BE.

Despite truckers being added to the list of eligible occupations for EE, it doesn't sound as though that will be an option for you unfortunately as you wouldn't be scoring enough. But do double check, first check to see if you score at least 67 on this point score system (this means you're eligible to enter the EE 'pool' of applicants) - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...d-workers.html

And then see what you score on the CRS if so (this is the second part of it, only those scoring the highest are selected from the pool and invited to apply for PR). You'd need above approve 470 as a rough guide to be in with a chance - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigr...d/crs-tool.asp

Answer as if you're taken the English exam, assume max points for now as a native speaker (it's only to give you an idea). And I'd say you've got secondary education, as if you took your GCSE's then that should count, even if you didn't do brilliantly in them.

Let us know what your points results are from the above, and you mention a wife, so get her to take the tests too in case she scores higher.
Old Mar 21st 2023, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

dquinn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
And I'd say you've got secondary education, as if you took your GCSE's then that should count, even if you didn't do brilliantly in them.
Do you know this for a fact? I'm only asking because I have heard before that you need a minimum of 5 A-levels or something for "High School Graduation" which I don't have, and it really limits my options for FSW and most PNP programs.

Also for the OP, if you are 30 or younger, you could do IEC and possibly get 1 year of skilled experience in Canada, making you eligible for the Canadian Experience Class.
Old Mar 21st 2023, 9:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dquinn
Do you know this for a fact? I'm only asking because I have heard before that you need a minimum of 5 A-levels or something for "High School Graduation" which I don't have, and it really limits my options for FSW and most PNP programs.

Also for the OP, if you are 30 or younger, you could do IEC and possibly get 1 year of skilled experience in Canada, making you eligible for the Canadian Experience Class.
Given most people do 3 A Levels, a minimum of 5 would be a heck of a requirement!

GCSE’s can count as secondary, it will depend on the ECA agency.

IEC is for 2 years, not 1.

HTH.
Old Mar 21st 2023, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

dquinn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Given most people do 3 A Levels, a minimum of 5 would be a heck of a requirement!

GCSE’s can count as secondary, it will depend on the ECA agency.

IEC is for 2 years, not 1.

HTH.
Ah okay sorry im Scottish not familiar with the English system.

Do you know which agency is more lenient for the high school requirement by any chance?

Yes IEC is 2 years but it would be highly unlikley that the OP would work qualified as a truck driver for every single day of the 2 year visa, this is why I said they may get 1 year skilled experience (and the requirement for CEC is only 1 year).
Old Mar 22nd 2023, 10:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by dquinn
Ah okay sorry im Scottish not familiar with the English system.

Do you know which agency is more lenient for the high school requirement by any chance?

Yes IEC is 2 years but it would be highly unlikley that the OP would work qualified as a truck driver for every single day of the 2 year visa, this is why I said they may get 1 year skilled experience (and the requirement for CEC is only 1 year).
I see what you mean about the 1 year on IEC, although if he's a trucker that doesn't need sponsorship I'd think the chances of finding a job before he goes are pretty good, so hopefully could do the full 2 years.

I have a vague recollection that it's ICAS that is more likely to count GCSE's as secondary, particularly if you've done any other kind of vocational qualification or training since.