Waiting timelines

Old Oct 30th 2014, 3:26 am
Just Joined

andriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Waiting timelines

We currently live in the UK. Applied through Family class spouse sponsorship in June 2013.
We just had a ridiculously email this week saying to pay for RPRF.
We have paid the Fee.
Does anyone know how long it take to receive our permanent residency cards?
Or could explain the next steps involved?

Thanks
Old Oct 30th 2014, 3:44 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting timelines

Wow, you applied June 2013, are you visa-exempt or British, or did you have any complications in your application? That's notably long!

Asking for the fee is a good sign. They may ask you to submit a copy of your passport, but most people just see ECAS change to "Decision Made", and then they get COPR in the post, so receiving COPR is your next step.

Once you have your COPR, you travel to Canada and cross the border to officially land. At that point you apply for your PR card, and it's mailed to you in Canada about 8 weeks later.

There's a spreadsheet in my signature that tracks timelines for people who apply via London, it would be useful to add you to it. If you'd like to be added, then let me know the following:
-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!

HTH!
Old Oct 30th 2014, 3:55 am
Just Joined

andriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond repute

It is so frustrating because we send the fee $490.00 in the original application but then they sent it back.
What does COPR?
I think that they just take a long time now. My best friend applied a month before me and hasn't heard much.
Date received: June 21, 2013, married
Approval: July 19th, 2013
Phase 2 started Dec 13th, 2013
I'm Canadian living in derbyshire with my husband.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 4:12 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andriasanders
It is so frustrating because we send the fee $490.00 in the original application but then they sent it back.
What does COPR?
I think that they just take a long time now. My best friend applied a month before me and hasn't heard much.
Date received: June 21, 2013, married
Approval: July 19th, 2013
Phase 2 started Dec 13th, 2013
I'm Canadian living in derbyshire with my husband.
The whole fee should be $1040.

COPR = Confirmation of Permanent Residence. Its the paper that CIC issues when you have been approved as a PR. It does not mean you *ARE* a PR. You only officially become a PR when you physically cross the border into Canada to do your landing. Use the wiki to find the article about landing.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 5:34 am
Just Joined

We already paid the $1040.
They asked for $490.00 for the RPRF.
I paid online.
We are coming to Canada for Xmas so hoping to "land" then.
Yes, we know what about customs and the two interviews there.
Thank you for your help
Old Oct 30th 2014, 5:54 am
Concierge

Uhhh if you paid $1040 then that's the whole amount... are you saying you paid $1040 and an additional $490?
Old Oct 30th 2014, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class – Fees
Sponsorship application (per application) $75 Principal applicant $475 Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner of the principal applicant, or where a transitional provision applies, a family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older$550 A family member of the principal applicant who is under 19 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner, or is 19 years of age or older who has been unable to be financially self-supporting since before the age of 19, due to a physical or mental condition

Plus
Getting your permanent resident status – Fees
Getting your permanent resident status $490
Principal applicants (with some exceptions) and spouses and common-law partners coming with them to Canada must pay this fee. Applicants must pay this fee before CIC issues the permanent resident visa or before the applicant becomes a permanent resident in Canada.

These people do not have to pay this fee:

dependent children of a principal applicant or sponsor, a child to be adopted, or an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild; and
protected persons, including Convention refugees.

So, I think I paid for sponsor, principal applicant and child under 19.
Then for getting the permanent resident status.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 6:17 am
Concierge

Ahhhh sorry I didn't realise you were sponsoring a child under 19! My mistake!
Old Oct 30th 2014, 6:19 am
Just Joined

No, my mistake. I didn't say!