Waiting time after medicals

Old Mar 7th 2011, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

burgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really nice
Default Waiting time after medicals

Hi all,
apologies if this replicates other posts but couldn't find anything after brief look. I started applicaton process back in 2008 (July) and had letter last year instrcucting medicals, which we had at the end of August last year (2010).
Since then have heard nothing and just wondered if anyone else was in similar position, or have been in that position recently.

Any information greatly appreciated

Sean
Old Mar 7th 2011, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting time after medicals

Originally Posted by burgesshead
Hi all,
apologies if this replicates other posts but couldn't find anything after brief look. I started applicaton process back in 2008 (July) and had letter last year instrcucting medicals, which we had at the end of August last year (2010).
Since then have heard nothing and just wondered if anyone else was in similar position, or have been in that position recently.

Any information greatly appreciated

Sean
Who knows when you will hear..when did you get your AOR? There are a couple of threads that track progress depending on aor date. I take it you are FSW?
lns
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

burgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really nice

Hi lns,
the medical letter was dated 1st June 2010. It included documents we had sent previously along with the instructions for getting medicals done. We had to wait to get medicals, as were away when letter arrived, but had them within the allowed 90 day period.

The letter prior to that was May 2009 which acknowledged receipt of application and was being considered for processing.

I am applying as a skilled worker, although when the 'list' was modified my occupation was downgraded, and placed in the 'nice to have' rather than the 'need to have' list! I assume that this will affect the timing too.

I'm just wary that if it goes over 12 months from the medical, I assume that I will have to pay to have them done again.

Many thanks

Sean

Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:36 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just wary that if it goes over 12 months from the medical, I assume that I will have to pay to have them done again.

Many thanks

Sean

Sean

Given that you medicals were taken in August last year, from what I understand if your PR Visa is issued before August this year you will need to trigger the PR (land) before your current medical expires as that is when the Visa will expire. If it's close to the medial expiry date when they come to issue the visa they may call for new medicals anyway. The visa will then expire when the new medical expires. The latter scenario will give you more breathing space on when to move and 'land'.

Yes you will need to pay for another set if they are required.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hi James,
thanks for the info. Am I right in assuming also that when we land, you can return to the uk within the first year, but after first 12 months you then have to be in Canada for 3 years out of every 5 year cycle?

Just thinking that if we do hear before August, the wife will be 'panicing' over giving up her current job (and trying to sell the house).

Here's hoping it is sooner rather than later though
Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi James,
thanks for the info. Am I right in assuming also that when we land, you can return to the uk within the first year, but after first 12 months you then have to be in Canada for 3 years out of every 5 year cycle?

Just thinking that if we do hear before August, the wife will be 'panicing' over giving up her current job (and trying to sell the house).

All you need to do is 'land' during a short trip and thren give yourself up to 3 years to move permanatly so the point you raise about the first 12 months is irrelevant. You can land July 2011 and not move permanantly until July 2014 for example. You do have to be careful though if you take it to the wire as you may have to return back home after July 2014 for family emergencies etc, so you need to give yourself leeway for this.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 11:44 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi James,

Linsypinsy is correct in what she says above.

To put it another way. To retain PR you need to spend two years in the five year cycle in Canada, but as LinsyPinsy also suggests, don't cut it too close to the bone on days. Leave yourself plenty of leeway to ensure you get that two years in, or all this hard work getting over to Canada might be wasted.

Citizenship applications will require three years in country in a four year cycle.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

We had a long wait after our medical and so I followed it up with a case specific enquiry. I turned out that they had requested further tests as my daughter had protein in her urine at the time.

Unfortunately the letter that they claim they sent to us never arrived and if we hadn't followed it up we would never have known and we would still be waiting with expired medicals.

Once we found out and repeated the urine test we had PPR within a few weeks.

I strongly recommend you enquire about the reason for the long wait.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

thanks for the info folks, I'll wait and see what they come back with from my case specific enquiry (sent it yesterday).