Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Waiting for PR card but want holiday

Waiting for PR card but want holiday

Old Jun 19th 2009, 4:44 am
Just Joined

mapleleafinbc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiting for PR card but want holiday

Hi I have landed with PR status and have booked a holiday to New York for next week, a while back. Now I am worried about getting back into Canada after reading some posts, as I dont have my PR card yet. Has anyone been in this situation? What do I need to get back into Canada considering I havent recieved my PR card yet.

Thanks
Old Jun 19th 2009, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Waiting for PR card but want holiday

Originally Posted by mapleleafinbc
Hi I have landed with PR status and have booked a holiday to New York for next week, a while back. Now I am worried about getting back into Canada after reading some posts, as I dont have my PR card yet. Has anyone been in this situation? What do I need to get back into Canada considering I havent recieved my PR card yet.

Thanks
CIC specifically tells you not to leave the country until you have your PR card.

You don't need a card when traveling by land (for example by car) but if you are flying you will need it when coming back. You might be able to get in regardless but prepare for some very uncomfortable interviewing at POE. I'd wait for the card if I were you....
Old Jun 19th 2009, 11:23 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

You should have a copy of your landing papers. Maybe that would suffice
Old Jun 19th 2009, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute

I had to go back to the uk within the first week of landing here, they accepted my paper PR landing card, however it took over 30 mis of checking beofre they let me board the plane back to Canada, wait until you have it if you can.

G
Old Jun 19th 2009, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

I agree that waiting is better, but the immigration officer that dealt with my landing said that if we must travel outside of Canada before we get our cards, then make sure to apply for any applicable visas first (as though you're not a PR). And until you get your card you must keep your CoPR form stapled into your passport.