Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Waiting for PR approval while current IEC visa expires- Do I have to leave Canada?

Waiting for PR approval while current IEC visa expires- Do I have to leave Canada?

Old Oct 1st 2013, 3:05 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting for PR approval while current IEC visa expires- Do I have to leave Canada

Originally Posted by Jamesdavid3
So what about the many people that I currently know who are still working even when they're IEC has expired. They submitted a OWP and a In-Land PR before the IEC ended which granted them Implied Status

These people are not working for small business, they are still working for huge multimillion dollar companies who would NEVER take that risk of employing someone that is not allowed to work here yet all they have done is proven that they have submitted there applied and shown them they have received the AOR and that has allowed them to keep working with there current employer.

Obviously they cant quit there current job and get something else because they wont have any documentation to show them however there current companies are perfectly fine with no ISSUES.
That has nothing to do with CIC. An employer only wants to see that they have a work permit or extention application in, however, that doesn't mean that they are working legally.

An OWP is issued on request to inland applicants once Approval in Principal (sponsorship approval) is given. They then are legally allowed to work.

Applying 'inland' they would be on implied visitor status, provided that they applied to change their conditions to visitor. That has nothing to do with a work permit.

There have been cases where people have been refused PR because they have been working illegally even though they 'thought' they could work under implied status.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 5:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting for PR approval while current IEC visa expires- Do I have to leave Canada

Originally Posted by Jamesdavid3
So what about the many people that I currently know who are still working even when they're IEC has expired. They submitted a OWP and a In-Land PR before the IEC ended which granted them Implied Status

These people are not working for small business, they are still working for huge multimillion dollar companies who would NEVER take that risk of employing someone that is not allowed to work here.
Those companies just won't have a clue what the immigration laws are in their own country. And tbh, why would they?!

Bottom line is that, as discussed on your previous thread on the subject, the lovely immigration lawyers/consultants/CBSA officers/CIC visa officers that kindly give their time to this forum say that there is no implied status from an IEC as it's not extendable.

And for future ref, please don't 'bump' old threads, this one is from June! I'll close it now as the OP hasn't even been on to the forum for nearly 4 months.

Thx.