Waiting for passport requests

Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Rich-Jo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiting for passport requests

Is anyone else still waiting for passport requests? It has been over three months since the medicals and we thought we should have heard something by now. Are we on our own???
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:13 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting for passport requests

Originally Posted by Rich-Jo
Is anyone else still waiting for passport requests? It has been over three months since the medicals and we thought we should have heard something by now. Are we on our own???
We got ours on Monday...7 months after our medicals.....sorry but you did ask
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Congratulations That doesn't leave you alot of time to land does it! We could be waiting till March then!

It seems random when people get them, no pattern.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Lisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really nice

We had our medicals in Nova Scotia on 22 August and we're still waiting. An email from CIC London states that "our file is awaiting review by an Immigration Officer" and when a decision is made they will contact us.

It's so hard just waiting, specially as quite a few who took their medicals after us have already got PPR.

Still all we can do is wait, and wait, and wait
Lisa
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:24 am
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future

We got our medicals done last December! We are still waiting... I wrote to CIC London yesterday and they replied telling me that they are still working on background checks! OMG...

I am not sure if I want them to send PPR before the end of December! It will be such a stressful situation for me, hubby and 3 kids under 8 to just pack up and go if they only give us few weeks or days to do so before the expiration of our medical exams...

I wonder what happens after medicals expire and one hasn't received the Passport Request and therefore the visas!... I've read that CIC just asks for new medical exams to be done and that's it but I am not sure...

Does someone her know what happens if medicals expire? Please share with the rest of us who are still waiting for good news... or any news really!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:11 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yalily
We got our medicals done last December! We are still waiting... I wrote to CIC London yesterday and they replied telling me that they are still working on background checks! OMG...

I am not sure if I want them to send PPR before the end of December! It will be such a stressful situation for me, hubby and 3 kids under 8 to just pack up and go if they only give us few weeks or days to do so before the expiration of our medical exams...

I wonder what happens after medicals expire and one hasn't received the Passport Request and therefore the visas!... I've read that CIC just asks for new medical exams to be done and that's it but I am not sure...

Does someone her know what happens if medicals expire? Please share with the rest of us who are still waiting for good news... or any news really!

I think they make you take them again....you need to land before they expire. We had a problem with our police reports, they insisted we get the new ones even though the ones we submitted are valid until the end of the year....bloody drama

We're trying to sort flights for Xmas and land then, problem is im afraid my passports won't be back on time and we won't be able to go anywhere....so im booking nothing until they are safely in my hand

Fingers crossed you get some news soon....xxx
Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:45 am
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future

Thanks FN, it sure is a stressful situation... OMG.. We had a bit of problems related to police reports as well and i think this is what is causing such delays in our case... well, that and my husband's nationality who is middle-eastern...
I hope you get your passports really soon... It will be great to spend x-mas with all that snow!
By the way... good luck selling the house!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

coolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lisa and Steve
We had our medicals in Nova Scotia on 22 August and we're still waiting. An email from CIC London states that "our file is awaiting review by an Immigration Officer" and when a decision is made they will contact us.

It's so hard just waiting, specially as quite a few who took their medicals after us have already got PPR.

Still all we can do is wait, and wait, and wait
Lisa
hi lisa and steve we are the same as you we was told the same the waiting is killing me let me know if you hear we are hopping to be in canada by crimbo cheers coolmum
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

coolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the rough

hi there rich jo we are in same boat we had med 3 months ago and been told we are in a queue, if i dident have expats i be crackers now when did you start your progess coolmum
Old Nov 6th 2008, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Everyday we hope today is the day
Skilled worker AOR Feb06
Old Nov 6th 2008, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Everyday we hope today is the day
Skilled worker AOR Feb06
we going for pr as oh as job waiting so what we thought was fast track was not.so we still waiting coolmum
Old Nov 6th 2008, 2:22 pm
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

We had our medicals at the beginning of October and our passport request arrived earlier this week.

However, I think we have been fast tracked, as our PR application sat in the wrong pile for a year (should have been in PNP pile, not SW pile!) and we had to chase it up via the PNP department here in Newfoundland.

My sympathies go out to those who are waiting, but it will all work out in the end.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:36 pm
Lily

Let's hope!