Waiting for medical clearance?

Old Apr 19th 2018, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

milly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Waiting for medical clearance?

Our situation is a little complex so I'm not sure if anyone has been in the same position. On the off chance, any advice much appreciated!

My husband and I applied through the BC provincial nomination programme last November and were accepted (he is the one with the job offer). We were invited to apply for PR (EE route) shortly afterwards and had to submit our PR application by the end of February. Our intention was always to go on a TWP while we waited for the PR application to be processed, and to apply for the TWP at point of entry.

We were unable to go immediately and planned to go at the end of this month. However, my husband's medical checks for PR were flagged due to anomalous chest x ray results and he was required to take a bunch of TB tests. He doesn't have TB and never has, but they have to follow the process, fair enough. Unfortunately we were told that we would not be issued a TWP while the extra medical checks were being done so had to rearrange our plans.

My husband has had the all clear from the TB test, but still has to have a second X ray on 2nd May, and then a respirologist review and report. We have no idea, and have not been told despite asking, how long we might have to wait before we know whether we can be issued the TWP permit. I don't know who gives the 'okay' as we weren't intending to get one from the Embassy, rather on POE and I have no idea what their systems are like.

Has anyone been in a position like this before, waiting for a medical OK, and know how long it might take? The entire PR process is due to be complete by August, but we want to go ASAP. Given that a medical isn't even required for a TWP it's getting highly frustrating!
Old Jun 1st 2018, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

milly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting for medical clearance?

Just in case anyone has any similar issues/questions our timeline was the following:

2nd X ray on 2nd May
Respirologist review 11th May
Respirologist report received 18th May, submitted straight to panel physician
Report and results uploaded to CIC 22nd May
Status changed to medical cleared 29th May
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 3:38 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Oh that is good news...what a worrying and frustrating time this must have been for you... Hope all goes more according to plan from now on
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 3:43 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milly_m
Just in case anyone has any similar issues/questions our timeline was the following:

2nd X ray on 2nd May
Respirologist review 11th May
Respirologist report received 18th May, submitted straight to panel physician
Report and results uploaded to CIC 22nd May
Status changed to medical cleared 29th May

That's quite a quick turnaround - I've been in the same position, so know how stressful it is.. happy to hear that he is cleared and that the medicals are now passed - and your journey can continue! If the results are in "MyCIC" or "ECAS" - or that you've been officially told that the medical is cleared, it should be visible to the CBSA at the Port of Entry, in case you were curious regarding the potential for work permit issuance... though you may want to leave it a week or two to be on the safe side.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 3rd 2018 at 3:47 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

It was quicker than we had thought/hoped! The main delay was the private respirologist who said he would post the report the same day and took a week The frustrating thing was not having a timeline so not being able to plan properly. We had previously booked flights for April before we knew that this delay would happen - we had no idea, given that my husband does not and has never had TB, that this issue would come up and prevent us from getting a TWP... but anyway we had to rebook them so did it for 21st June, so we are off to Canada in 18 days! The system is showing as medical cleared so it should be fine by the time we rock up

Fortunately I'd decided in a bout of optimism to hand my notice in at work just in case we could make the 21st June. Also fortunately, we're moving from furnished rented accommodation so sorting our lives out is doable within 3 weeks. We hope!!