Waiting is killing me

Old Oct 30th 2004, 9:56 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of
Question Waiting is killing me

Hi,
I am a UK citizen, I put my application in back in September 2003. Has anyone else from the UK been waiting this long. The waiting gets worse every time I see someone post a message to say they put thier application in after September and are as far as passport requests. I still havnt heard about the interview stage. Last I heard was back in march when CIC confirmed reciept of my application and claimed to have sent confirmation back in January.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

majb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Waiting is killing me

Originally Posted by Airseir
Hi,
I am a UK citizen, I put my application in back in September 2003. Has anyone else from the UK been waiting this long. The waiting gets worse every time I see someone post a message to say they put thier application in after September and are as far as passport requests. I still havnt heard about the interview stage. Last I heard was back in march when CIC confirmed reciept of my application and claimed to have sent confirmation back in January.
There are many people who have applied well before Sep. 2003, and have not reached the IA stage (see www.yogi799.com for examples). I am a UK citizen too and applied to the London office on 20 July 2003 and got my AOR 2 days later, but have not heard anything ever since.

Although I have seen cases with July 2003 AOR reaching the passport request stage, I am not aware of any August AOR cases advancing to the IA stage.

I guess the best thing to do is to be patient.

majb
Old Oct 31st 2004, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

waitingforsolong is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, just relax because me too has waited since May 2001. I know that there are many more applicants earlier than me are still in waiting. It might cause you a health problem.

waitingforsolong

Hi,
Old Oct 31st 2004, 5:35 pm

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Waiting is killing me

Originally Posted by majb
There are many people who have applied well before Sep. 2003, and have not reached the IA stage (see www.yogi799.com for examples). I am a UK citizen too and applied to the London office on 20 July 2003 and got my AOR 2 days later, but have not heard anything ever since.

Although I have seen cases with July 2003 AOR reaching the passport request stage, I am not aware of any August AOR cases advancing to the IA stage.

I guess the best thing to do is to be patient.

majb
Thanks for that. I am usually a silent reader on here, which is why I see people that have been successful and don't hear about people still waiting. Comfortable knowing I am not alone, and that I have not again missed some information. I thought it better to ask on here than pester CIC.

Once again thanks.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by waitingforsolong
Hi, just relax because me too has waited since May 2001. I know that there are many more applicants earlier than me are still in waiting. It might cause you a health problem.

waitingforsolong
WOW I have have nothing to complain about with my wait compared to you. Hope you hear soon.

Don't worry about my health - The waiting won't litterally kill me I have a far better constitution than that . I feel a lot better knowing there are other people out there also waiting, I was more concerned that once again I may have missed something - especially seeing where some people had been successful in a far shorter time scale.

Thanks again and good luck for your application.
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

chris_vabc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Concerning London CHC, I am a UK citizen too and my application is 15 August 2003 so I have been waiting just as long. I know of at least one person still waiting for news since April 2003, but I also know of someone else who received their AOR on October 1st 2003 who has just received their medical instructions. There are plenty of people who applied between these dates still waiting.

I faxed London CHC today to try to get some kind of news about what's going on with my application, but I don't expect a response. I just dont think they have the necessary capacity there to cope with applications, compared with other visa posts.

Waiting is tough, but you're not alone.

Chris

Hi,
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 9:47 am

Thanks Chris.

I should also have stated that it is skilled worker class that I ahve applied for. Several people have kindly contacted me to explain that different classes take different times. I guess I have overlooked that anyone being sponsered will be processed quicker.

At least there is this forum for me to keep reading to pass the time and dream of my future. Every time I log on I learn more about holes I could have fallen into. All being weel by the time it comes through I will be far more knowlegable and hopefully have a smoother transition.

Originally Posted by chris_vabc
Hi there,

Concerning London CHC, I am a UK citizen too and my application is 15 August 2003 so I have been waiting just as long. I know of at least one person still waiting for news since April 2003, but I also know of someone else who received their AOR on October 1st 2003 who has just received their medical instructions. There are plenty of people who applied between these dates still waiting.

I faxed London CHC today to try to get some kind of news about what's going on with my application, but I don't expect a response. I just dont think they have the necessary capacity there to cope with applications, compared with other visa posts.

Waiting is tough, but you're not alone.

Chris
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

IanD is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Hi,

I'm also applying as a skilled worker, sent application in Apr 03, started processing July 03, medicals done in May 04, still waiting.

Hang in there
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

syedamir12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I had applied for Canadian immigration since March 2001 from Islamabad as Computer Programmer. Following are the details:

29/03/2001 Application Submitted
13/04/2001 AOR Received
20/09/2003 Letter received of Updated Forms and IELTS
09/03/2004 Documents Submitted
15/03/2004 Letter received for updated proof of funds and original education documents
24/03/2004 Documents submitted
17/05/2004 All original education documents have been received with their covering letter stating that "selection interview is necessary before your application can be processed further. You shall be inform in writing of the date and time of your interview".

Since that I’m waiting for my interview call................
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

peterb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Hi

We applied in August 2003, and got a positive response in October 2004. We go on our medicals shortly. We applied under skilled worker for PR.

Hope that helps.

Peterb
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

paulandjo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peterb
Hi

We applied in August 2003, and got a positive response in October 2004. We go on our medicals shortly. We applied under skilled worker for PR.

Hope that helps.

Peterb
Our app went in in May 2003 to the UK.

We received the AOR within a couple of weeks and then nothing until Aug 04. When they asked for additional docs and for us to go for our medicals all of which have been done.

I am prosuming that if they were going to interview us then this would have been done before they requested the above. That said we never actually were informed that the interview had been waived or that we had been iniaitally accepted, so who knows !!??!!

We are just keeping our fingers crossed (and everything else for that matter) for a positive outcome.

Good luck to you all......
Old Nov 4th 2004, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

IanD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peterb
Hi

Hope that helps.

Peterb
When we got our instructions to proceed with our medicals the attached form requesting additional information stated that the AI was complete and expected to finalize our application without a personal interview.

Medical's were completed in May 04 and sent in with the additional info requested. The additional information was limited to what work my wife had done in the last 25 yrs and renewal of Police Clearace Certs, (which only last for 1 yr and hence had run out).

Still waiting with baited breath.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 2:29 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

We applied in Business to CHC London in June 2003 and are still waiting. Were recently contacted By CHC and asked to supply documentation. Since then, nothing.

Have decided to apply for a Study Permit now as getting really hacked off with having to pay rent on a crumby little cottage here while we have a lovely house out in Canada waiting for us. Hopefully if the permit comes through we will be leaving on our Christmas flight on 9th December and won't be coming back............sounds good but probably a bit optimistic!
Old Nov 4th 2004, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

eila is an unknown quantity at this point

They say what does not kill you makes you stronger.....

I just got an e mail from RCMP that they cannot find my fingerprints. According to them they are not sure if it is in the building though...I sent my fingertips on June with recorded mail after I did my medical...so if they can not find them it means another 150 days and more for a new set....
Old Nov 5th 2004, 9:43 am

Ouch - That sounds painful - they made you send in your finger tips? how do you type without them?

Thanks everyone - this makes me feel a whole lot better (in some ways) knowing that my time scales are not unusual and hearing nothing is normal. Also a bit scary regarding how long it does take for some people.

Originally Posted by eila
They say what does not kill you makes you stronger.....

I just got an e mail from RCMP that they cannot find my fingerprints. According to them they are not sure if it is in the building though...I sent my fingertips on June with recorded mail after I did my medical...so if they can not find them it means another 150 days and more for a new set....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.