Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Waiting for Interview.... Any Way To Check Status?

Wikiposts

Waiting for Interview.... Any Way To Check Status?

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 5:15 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Waiting for Interview.... Any Way To Check Status?

(note: this is for a friend.... I'm an American and had no problems getting a NAFTA work visa)

Friend applied from Holland for PR.... application lodged March 2004. All went as expected until he received a letter advising him that an interview would be required. The letter was received in March 2005, and it stated that the interview would take place within three to six months.

Is there any way to check status on such a case? I ask because in my own case I did have to 'nudge' the system by an enquiry, but I went through completely different channels (my Congressman contacted the Canadian Embassy and I got my visa within three days).
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Waiting for Interview.... Any Way To Check Status?

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to check the status of an application through "Eccleint Application Status" using file number and some other personal details. I think, your friend must have got the file number when he received the letter from CIC.

Below is thelink where you or your friend can check the status:

http://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/Iden...agree=Continue

But, pl note that the information you get from this source is very limited and may not be of much help!

However, your friend can order for CAIPS notes and see if there are any doubts raised by the visa officer that could have resulted in for interview call.

Hope this helps!

reddy

Originally Posted by snowbunny
(note: this is for a friend.... I'm an American and had no problems getting a NAFTA work visa)

Friend applied from Holland for PR.... application lodged March 2004. All went as expected until he received a letter advising him that an interview would be required. The letter was received in March 2005, and it stated that the interview would take place within three to six months.

Is there any way to check status on such a case? I ask because in my own case I did have to 'nudge' the system by an enquiry, but I went through completely different channels (my Congressman contacted the Canadian Embassy and I got my visa within three days).

Last edited by reddy_cd; Jun 3rd 2005 at 7:01 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:32 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

The system apparently just says "in process." Thanks for the tip on ordering the CAIPS notes.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

ChicagoJer is an unknown quantity at this point

Your friend should be aware that only a Canadian citizen or permanent resident can get the CAIPS notes. If he/she used an authorized immigration consultant (or Canadian attorney), this professional can obtain the CAIPS notes on behalf of your friend.

Good luck.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:59 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by ChicagoJer
Your friend should be aware that only a Canadian citizen or permanent resident can get the CAIPS notes. If he/she used an authorized immigration consultant (or Canadian attorney), this professional can obtain the CAIPS notes on behalf of your friend.
Isn't that counterintuitive, given that the reason for filing the notes is so a non-PR/citizen can get landed status?! Sounds more like an incentive to retain an attorney. Is it the cost of retrieving said notes that requires citizenship? National secrets?

My friend does have an IC but I'm not sure if the IC holds Canadian citizenship.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
My friend does have an IC but I'm not sure if the IC holds Canadian citizenship.
AKAIK he doesn't, though he is a member of CSIC.

Thanks for starting this thread, snowbunny.