Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Waiting for HRSDC, time's running out...what do I do???

Waiting for HRSDC, time's running out...what do I do???

Old Jul 18th 2005, 12:00 am
Just Joined

moonhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiting for HRSDC, time's running out...what do I do???

My partner has been in Canada on a working holiday visa for almost a year now, and his visa expires August 23. He is British/Australian.
His employer has written him a job offer and sent it to HRSDC a couple of weeks ago, and we haven't heard anything yet.

Here is the problem - CIC says that a work visa application should be sent at least 30 days before the expiration of the applicant's current visa.
Should we send in the complete application, except for the HRSDC job confirmation, and then send in the confirmation once we get it (assuming that we get it)?
I'm a bit leary as it to sending in an incomplete application, but I don't want him to be denied of a work visa just because our application arrived late.
Or, should we apply for a visitor's visa now, and then send in the complete application once we get HRSDC?

I would really appreciate it if someone could offer any advice.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 3:22 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Waiting for HRSDC, time's running out...what do I do???

No, you can't send application without HRSDC approval. You'll be fine as long as application is received by CPC Vegreville before current permit and admission expire.

Originally Posted by moonhead
My partner has been in Canada on a working holiday visa for almost a year now, and his visa expires August 23. He is British/Australian.
His employer has written him a job offer and sent it to HRSDC a couple of weeks ago, and we haven't heard anything yet.

Here is the problem - CIC says that a work visa application should be sent at least 30 days before the expiration of the applicant's current visa.
Should we send in the complete application, except for the HRSDC job confirmation, and then send in the confirmation once we get it (assuming that we get it)?
I'm a bit leary as it to sending in an incomplete application, but I don't want him to be denied of a work visa just because our application arrived late.
Or, should we apply for a visitor's visa now, and then send in the complete application once we get HRSDC?

I would really appreciate it if someone could offer any advice.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:18 am
Just Joined

moonhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your last reply.

We just received the devastating news that my partner did not receive HRSDC confirmation. We are scrambling to think of other options, and have one looming question - when applying for a common-law visa within Canada, would my partner still be able to continue working at his present job while the visa is being processed?

Many thanks,
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:31 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by moonhead
Thanks for your last reply.

We just received the devastating news that my partner did not receive HRSDC confirmation. We are scrambling to think of other options, and have one looming question - when applying for a common-law visa within Canada, would my partner still be able to continue working at his present job while the visa is being processed?

Many thanks,
No, he would not. He cannot work nor attend school until he receives Approval in Principle about 6 months down the road from the applications submission.

PMM