Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Waiting for CIC to get in touch regarding time outside Canada

Waiting for CIC to get in touch regarding time outside Canada

Old Mar 27th 2018, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Munster is just really niceMunster is just really niceMunster is just really niceMunster is just really niceMunster is just really niceMunster is just really niceMunster is just really niceMunster is just really nice
Default Waiting for CIC to get in touch regarding time outside Canada

Hi all, I applied for citizenship last June. It was received on June 26, and I took my test and passed on November 1. The woman who interviewed me said she wanted more evidence of my trips outside of Canada (which have been a handful of short trips to the US or UK, and I had been in Canada for the amount of days required at the time of application), and that she would be in touch within a month. It's now nearly April and I haven't heard anything, and ECAS still has my application as 'In Process'. Does anyone have a similar experience? I'm hoping my application hasn't been marked as non-routine.

I was thinking of trying to use the contact form to ask about it, however it has still been less than 12 months (the posted application processing time) and it does say they won't respond if it hasn't been that long. I'm guessing I should probably just be patient?
Old Mar 27th 2018, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

enak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting for CIC to get in touch regarding time outside Canada

Some options other than the contact form:

* Give the call centre a ring (doesn't bother the actual officers dealing with your case but they might tell you if you missed any info)
* ATIP Request (takes a month to come through)
* Get your MP to enquire (quicker than ATIP but possibly better to wait until after 12 months)

Last edited by enak; Mar 27th 2018 at 7:55 pm. Reason: bullets visibility
Old Mar 27th 2018, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Munster is just really niceMunster is just really niceMunster is just really niceMunster is just really niceMunster is just really niceMunster is just really niceMunster is just really niceMunster is just really nice

Originally Posted by enak
Some options other than the contact form:

* Give the call centre a ring (doesn't bother the actual officers dealing with your case but they might tell you if you missed any info)
* ATIP Request (takes a month to come through)
* Get your MP to enquire (quicker than ATIP but possibly better to wait until after 12 months)
Great, thanks. I will give them a ring and go from there.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

In the first instance I'd call the Call Centre: the Agent has access to more info than you do.
At the same time, I'd send a Webform with all the relevant dates etc.

I'd keep evidence of having called/sent the webform.

Then I'd move on to the other two things.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

For anyone interested, I called first thing this morning (couldn't even get on hold yesterday afternoon). I haven't missed any requests for information. The fact that they mentioned looking into my trips away might be holding up the application whether or not they need any evidence from me. (Should have put 2 + 2 together there.) And of course, it's not yet been 12 months. So all in all, I need to be patient