W2 requested - Please help!!

Old Jun 4th 2004, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

nukeclear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default W2 requested - Please help!!

Hi,

I had filed my PR case with Buffalo consulate in March 2002. They have waived interview but have requested me to submit the W2's from 1998-2002. I had told them that I was working during these years on H1 visa. I unforunately have W2's only for 2000 and 2001. I don't have W2's for 1998 and 1999. I was on bench for 2002.

Shall I just tell them the truth and provide W2's for only 2 years? With 2 years of experience, my score is 71. My concern is that I had initiallly told them I was working in all these years and now the only income verifiable thru W2s are for 2 years. Plus, I was on bench for a year and with a H1 status, one cannot do that.

Please advise me how to tackle this problem or shall I just withdraw my application?

Regards
Old Jun 4th 2004, 4:05 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: W2 requested - Please help!!

That means you were not working and you lied in your application. And you broke US law as well. Try to tell the truth this time and hope for the best.

Originally posted by nukeclear
Hi,

I had filed my PR case with Buffalo consulate in March 2002. They have waived interview but have requested me to submit the W2's from 1998-2002. I had told them that I was working during these years on H1 visa. I unforunately have W2's only for 2000 and 2001. I don't have W2's for 1998 and 1999. I was on bench for 2002.

Shall I just tell them the truth and provide W2's for only 2 years? With 2 years of experience, my score is 71. My concern is that I had initiallly told them I was working in all these years and now the only income verifiable thru W2s are for 2 years. Plus, I was on bench for a year and with a H1 status, one cannot do that.

Please advise me how to tackle this problem or shall I just withdraw my application?

Regards
Old Jun 4th 2004, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

nukeclear is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mr. Miller.

If the case is rejected and my wife files a new application as a principal applicant, would my old case have any impact on the new one?

Thanks again.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mr. Miller.

If the case is rejected and my wife files a new application as a principal applicant, would my old case have any impact on the new one?

Thanks again.
what do you think?

as andrew said... send them what they are asking for and start praying... i hear the waiting list for god answering prayers these days has reduced substantially...
Old Jun 4th 2004, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

vajra is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're missing W2 from year 1998 and 1999 you could always get it again from your employer. But if you didn't work at all during 1998 and 1999, then that's a whole different story.

Hi,

Regards
Old Jun 4th 2004, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
That means you were not working and you lied in your application. And you broke US law as well. Try to tell the truth this time and hope for the best.

I respectfully disagree. Sometimes there is a fine line between plain lying and "bending" the truth a little bit. If you agree that you lied you are screwed.

NukeClear should manage to cover the discrepancy up somehow. You know there are plenty of ways. If you can't think of any you should hire an attorney as they can take care of that.

Good Luck.
~pk
Old Jun 4th 2004, 4:57 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi PK

Originally posted by prodigyking
I respectfully disagree. Sometimes there is a fine line between plain lying and "bending" the truth a little bit. If you agree that you lied you are screwed.

NukeClear should manage to cover the discrepancy up somehow. You know there are plenty of ways. If you can't think of any you should hire an attorney as they can take care of that.

Good Luck.
~pk
Bending the truth? Come on, the guy claimed in his application that he was working for 3 years, when he wasn't, this inflated his point score. Do you think that CIC is going to say, he wasn't lying and give him the benefit of the doubt. Now you are conselling him to "cover the discrepancy"

PMM
Old Jun 4th 2004, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by prodigyking

Good Luck.
~pk
dude... there is no fine line here... the guy claimed points for work experience when he wasnt gainfully employed... he lied...