Vocational questions...

Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:28 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Vocational questions...

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
I did a Google search to find the website from which you got that information.

Yup, it's there all right, as bold as brass.

They should be boiled in oil for publishing hogwash like that.
x

They're not the only ones stating this information !!...hence it seems as if you pay your money once you ascertain you're over the points level, and hey presto, a job thats in demand (hairdressers seem currently to be in demand in Alberta), led me to think that this was another route...one that could be set in motion prior to the recce, and left in place if we failed to score a job offer within the 2 week recce period....I guess we can do some of that job application from this side of the water etc, so all is not lost, but I always feel this is not such a good method of job hunting as the prospective employer cannot see the candidate etc. Admittedly, some companies have video conferencing, but hairdressers have yet to embrace this ...:

Am reading the Wiki as we speak...all hinges on the election by the looks of it...
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:39 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theguitardoctor
They're not the only ones stating this information !!...hence it seems as if you pay your money once you ascertain you're over the points level, and hey presto .........
I rather suspect that the point of the exercise is to get your money. What happens after that is anyone's guess. I don't know if they even send you a miniature Canadian flag for your trouble.

Am reading the Wiki as we speak...all hinges on the election by the looks of it...
Media reports are suggesting that the Conservative Party will return to power.

If that happens, the current policy of favouring applicants who are in high demand occupations or else who have pre-arranged employment will continue.

I have just updated the Wiki article called Self-Assessment Test-Canada.

I have to go out soon, but when I get a chance I'll update Quick Guide to Canadian Immigration.
x
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:46 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
I rather suspect that the point of the exercise is to get your money. What happens after that is anyone's guess. I don't know if they even send you a miniature Canadian flag for your trouble.

Media reports are suggesting that the Conservative Party will return to power.

If that happens, the current policy of favouring applicants who are in high demand occupations or else who have pre-arranged employment will continue.

I have just updated the Wiki article called Self-Assessment Test-Canada.

I have to go out soon, but when I get a chance I'll update Quick Guide to Canadian Immigration.
x
I already have a miniature Canadian flag....saved myself thousands there..!!

Oh well, my misinformation was useful for one thing then...haha

From what I read, it's fingers crossed for the Conservatives, or we could be struggling...thanks once more for the info....back to Plan A...go over and find a job, in the meantime look out for any jobs advertised and send a resume' / contact employers via ads (where requested) and look at utilising the various employent agencies as hairdressing seems to be in demand....phew...