Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Vistor extension when about to be sponsored!

Vistor extension when about to be sponsored!

Old Jul 15th 2012, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

lilyandh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vistor extension when about to be sponsored!

Hi my status here as a visitor expires in September and I will need to renew it soon. This will be my 2nd extension. My spouse will be sponsoring me (out of Canada) and we are going to send our application off late August. My question is would it be better to send the sponsorship application off sooner and then apply for vistor extension or apply for the extension now and tell them I'm to be sponsored? which would be the best option? Is there a risk I could be refused for being honest? Thanks
Old Jul 15th 2012, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vistor extension when about to be sponsored!

Personally I would send off the sponsorship first and then apply online at least 30 days before your visitor status expires.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/e...tay.asp#extend

Read the bit about Implied Status also in that link.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

lilyandh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Personally I would send off the sponsorship first and then apply online at least 30 days before your visitor status expires.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/e...tay.asp#extend

Read the bit about Implied Status also in that link.
Ok , is there a particular reason why you would do that? I was going to apply for the extension first ( as it's only my 2nd time) .
Old Jul 16th 2012, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lilyandh
Ok , is there a particular reason why you would do that? I was going to apply for the extension first ( as it's only my 2nd time) .
Because when CPV Vegreville check your client history and providing it has been entered into the computer system they will see the application in progress for sponsorship. Telling them you will be applying for sponsorship carries less weight than an application in process as the odd person has been known to tell lies. Plus wouldnt you want spousal application granted asap?