Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Visitors visa before and during spousal application

Visitors visa before and during spousal application

Old Oct 30th 2013, 11:39 am
Just Joined

aknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visitors visa before and during spousal application

Hi guys,

I'm (as usual) having issues finding anything concrete on the CIC sites and wondering on advice from anyone who has gone through the same issues.
This time it is the period before the submission and during my spousal sponsorship application (almost ready to go) that concern me.
I am back in the UK with my pregnant wife in Calgary and we are putting the final touches on our application but with the stress being apart has put on her we've decided its time for me to return.
Entering Canada though I'm worried about not being allowed the time I request as a visitor. I want to request 6 months as that will take me to the birth and give us the maximum time to submit an application, giving me implied status. We have free accommodation, proof of sufficient funds, my wife has proof of employment. The one thing I don't have is family, job or home ties here to prove why I'd leave has anyone been in this situation, am I likely to come across the issue of a customs officer believing I won't leave?

Thanks in advance to any helpful answers.
I appreciate any help or experience
Old Oct 30th 2013, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitors visa before and during spousal application

If you have applied under the Spousal route prior to entering Canada and can provide evidence of such and that your wife is a Canadian citizen then you could request a 12 month visitor record on entry. Pretty good chance it would be issued.

If no application has been made prior to entering then you may have an issue with CBSA for the obvious reasons.
I suggest that the application be submitted before arriving then you have a better chance of getting the 12 month visitor record.