Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Visitor Visa while waiting Outland

Visitor Visa while waiting Outland

Old Jul 28th 2017, 3:13 am
Just Joined

amieg2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visitor Visa while waiting Outland

Hello

I am looking for some advice, and probably a little peace of mind. I am living in Canada with my husband and we just sent our application yesterday, outland. I am returning to the UK on the 1st August to attend my best friend's wedding. I plan on returning to Canada on 20/08/17 to live with my husband while we wait for a decision. I am really panicking about being granted a visitor visa and the whole duel intent situation, especially since we only just sent our application so its unlikely we'll have any correspondence from CIC before I return.
Putting together all the documents to show at the border, so far I have;
-Copy of receipt showing fees paid for application
-Receipt from the post office when we sent application
-Letter from my former employer here in Canada confirming when I finished work and that I won't be working if granted a visitor visa
-Proof of funds, although it won't be a lot, maybe around $3000
-A letter from my husband confirming I'll be living with him and he'll be helping me
-A letter from my mother in law confirming I'll be living with her and not paying rent/ bills etc
-info showing my previous visa and application for visitor visa for implied status to bridge 7 day gap between IEC ending and leaving Canada

Not sure what else I should include? Perhaps a letter from my family in England saying I will move back with them should I not be granted permanent residency? Do I need something to say I will return to England when my visitor visa is over (I hope I won't have to do this, not in my plan)?
Any tips on what my husband and mother in law should be putting in their letters?

We don't have much in the way of savings between us (had our wedding a couple of months ago, immigration fees, emergency vet costs, had to leave my job, husband studying etc etc) otherwise I probably wouldn't be so worried. I don't have a return flight booked to the UK for the end of the visitor visa because I'm really hoping I won't have to.

Any advice would be truly, truly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Amie
Old Jul 28th 2017, 12:24 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitor Visa while waiting Outland

Originally Posted by amieg2017
Hello

I am looking for some advice, and probably a little peace of mind. I am living in Canada with my husband and we just sent our application yesterday, outland. I am returning to the UK on the 1st August to attend my best friend's wedding. I plan on returning to Canada on 20/08/17 to live with my husband while we wait for a decision. I am really panicking about being granted a visitor visa and the whole duel intent situation, especially since we only just sent our application so its unlikely we'll have any correspondence from CIC before I return.
Putting together all the documents to show at the border, so far I have;
-Copy of receipt showing fees paid for application
-Receipt from the post office when we sent application
-Letter from my former employer here in Canada confirming when I finished work and that I won't be working if granted a visitor visa
-Proof of funds, although it won't be a lot, maybe around $3000
-A letter from my husband confirming I'll be living with him and he'll be helping me
-A letter from my mother in law confirming I'll be living with her and not paying rent/ bills etc
-info showing my previous visa and application for visitor visa for implied status to bridge 7 day gap between IEC ending and leaving Canada

Not sure what else I should include? Perhaps a letter from my family in England saying I will move back with them should I not be granted permanent residency? Do I need something to say I will return to England when my visitor visa is over (I hope I won't have to do this, not in my plan)?
Any tips on what my husband and mother in law should be putting in their letters?

We don't have much in the way of savings between us (had our wedding a couple of months ago, immigration fees, emergency vet costs, had to leave my job, husband studying etc etc) otherwise I probably wouldn't be so worried. I don't have a return flight booked to the UK for the end of the visitor visa because I'm really hoping I won't have to.

Any advice would be truly, truly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Amie
Welcome to BE!

I'm sure someone will be along to respond but there is a chance you could receive sponsorship approval by the time you are due back

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 28th 2017 at 12:27 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Welcome to BE!

I'm sure someone will be along to respond but there is a chance you could receive sponsorship approval by the time you are due back

Thank you! Yes I hope so too! Thanks
Old Jul 28th 2017, 6:48 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amieg2017
Thank you! Yes I hope so too! Thanks
This might be of use

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada : British Expat Wiki and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc.../visa/dual.asp

Old Jul 31st 2017, 3:07 am
Just Joined

Thanks!!