Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Visitor Visa Refused from New Delhi

Visitor Visa Refused from New Delhi

Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:03 am
Just Joined

rmehta03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visitor Visa Refused from New Delhi

Hi,

I sponsored my neice for four weeks to visit us (me and my family) in Canada for her vacation (mid june to mid July). Her visa application got refused and the reason they provided was that they did not trust she would return to India.

We would like to apply again with better paperwork. Any suggestions on what papers to include?

Experts please advice.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Rajesh
Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:10 am
FSW Cat 1

amrskipro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visitor Visa Refused from New Delhi

Dude

Unless she is British, travelling on a UK passport, you are asking this question on the wrong forum.

Good luck with resolving your problem though.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

No, it is not the wrong forum - it is Canadian immigration forum and regardless it's name it doesn't belong exclusively to Brits.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

Originally Posted by rmehta03
Hi,

I sponsored my neice for four weeks to visit us (me and my family) in Canada for her vacation (mid june to mid July). Her visa application got refused and the reason they provided was that they did not trust she would return to India.

We would like to apply again with better paperwork. Any suggestions on what papers to include?

Experts please advice.

Rajesh
No addition of paperwork from your end will change the outcome. It is your niece, not you, who must provide enough evidence (not words) to convince officer in New Delhi that she has substantial enough ties to home country and is not a potential immigrant. Substantial ties = well established with above average paid permanent job or well doing business, real estate, etc..
Old Jun 18th 2010, 12:06 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amrskipro
Dude

Unless she is British, travelling on a UK passport, you are asking this question on the wrong forum.

Good luck with resolving your problem though.
Well that's pretty rude. I sincerely hope you find that same attitude thrown at you when (if) you move to Canada. You know, the "unless you're Canadian on a Canadian passport you can piss off" type attitude.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 12:09 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rmehta03
Hi,

Experts please advice.

Rajesh
Crazy is right. Your neice needs to send some supporting documents with her application, such as a letter from her workplace confirming she is returning to her job after her holiday, or confirmation of her enrollment at school if she's in school still, return airline ticket, proof of her residence in India, etc.

Good luck with it.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crazy72
No, it is not the wrong forum - it is Canadian immigration forum and regardless it's name it doesn't belong exclusively to Brits.
Although I have no objections to Tom Dick and Harry asking questions this website is called British expats and is aimed at helping Brits that have moved out of the UK or moving back to the UK
Old Jun 18th 2010, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Although I have no objections to Tom Dick and Harry asking questions this website is called British expats and is aimed at helping Brits that have moved out of the UK or moving back to the UK
Lots of people from different nationalities post on here, no big deal.

Good luck getting your niece over here Rajesh. If she can get all the evidence together then she has a good chance. They suspect her not you!
Old Jun 18th 2010, 7:57 pm
Still alive

I think you'll find that this website was developed BY British expats, not exclusively FOR British expats. You will find it's aimed at everyone who needs help emigrating to a new country.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

I never said that it was exclusive for Brits but the site is called British expats and started to assist Brits wanting to branch out.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 3:15 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

This is an immigration web site and matters not who is asking the questions. Those that have objection to some posts or threads should move on to another thread and expend their energies in a more constructive manner elsewhere.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by crazy72
No addition of paperwork from your end will change the outcome. It is your niece, not you, who must provide enough evidence (not words) to convince officer in New Delhi that she has substantial enough ties to home country and is not a potential immigrant. Substantial ties = well established with above average paid permanent job or well doing business, real estate, etc..
Likewise, if applicable, evidence like that she/or her kids are enrolled in a university and definitely won't leave their professional education to jump-ship for Canada
Old Jun 19th 2010, 11:37 am
Still alive

I never said that it was exclusive for Brits but the site is called British expats and started to assist Brits wanting to branch out.
And expanded to include helping everyone who wants to branch out.