Visitor Visa Re-entry

Old Apr 23rd 2014, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Ashleigh.james87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visitor Visa Re-entry

Hi,

I'm currently in Canada on a visitor visa waiting for my PR sponsorship decision and unfortunately I have received bad news about a family member and would like to go back to England to visit for a couple of weeks.

I haven't entered or left Canada on this visa so am able to do so without any hassle at the boarder on the way back into Canada?

Thank you,

Ashleigh
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 2:11 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitor Visa Re-entry

Your current visitor visa is only valid as long as you are in Canada; if you leave Canada there is of course the risk that you won't be let back in. However, particularly if your spouse is in Canada and you have your application in process, it's unlikely you'd be turned away... but it's still a risk you take. A small one, but a risk nonetheless.

Bring proof of funds to support yourself, make sure you know that you can't work until your application is processed, and bring proof of your application (receipt of fees paid, printout of your ECAS page, etc).

HTH and sorry to hear sad news!
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 3:17 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitor Visa Re-entry

Originally Posted by Ashleigh.james87
Hi,

I'm currently in Canada on a visitor visa waiting for my PR sponsorship decision and unfortunately I have received bad news about a family member and would like to go back to England to visit for a couple of weeks.

I haven't entered or left Canada on this visa so am able to do so without any hassle at the boarder on the way back into Canada?

Thank you,

Ashleigh
Sorry that you have received some bad news.

I just noticed that you have an inland common-law application in process. Unless it is essential that you return to the UK, it would be inadvisable to leave for two reasons.

1) There are no guarantees that you will be allowed back in and if refused entry then your application will be null and void

2) As you have a common-law application in place you are putting your application at risk in leaving the country.

If it is a really serious problem in the UK, would it be possible to get documentary evidence to support the reason you need to go back? If you could, then you would have evidence to show CBSA on return or for CIC should they question why you left. If you do decide to return, you should ensure that it is no longer than 2 weeks, maintain contact with your partner and show proof on return that you have an application in process (copy of print screen of your ECAS status and proof of application).

Sorry...

Did you apply for your Open work permit?