visitor visa/extending?

Old Nov 4th 2007, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

garry1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visitor visa/extending?

hello all. first off, sorry if this has been asked/mentioned in the past...but heres my situation. i arrived in canada on may 20th from england, as a visitor...to play rugby for the summer and to travel. however, i met my now gf and ended up sticking around. when i was stamped at immigration at the airport...there was no like expiry date on the visitor visa...so am just wondering when i have to leave/how to find out etc...i am currently awaiting a hrsdc labour market opinion from an employer so i can potentially get a work visa. is there anyway i can extend my stay until i hear about from hrsdc? any info would be appreciated as i am fairly new to all this immigration/visa stuff.

cheers

garry
Old Nov 4th 2007, 11:43 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visitor visa/extending?

If there is no expiration date written next to your entry stamp then you were admitted for 6 months. Your admission will expire in 2 weeks.

If your employer gets positive LMO then you must apply for work permit outside Canada anyway (eventually at the border when coming to Canada).

You must apply for extension of stay as visitor now, to assure that application reaches CPC Vegreville prior to expiration of your current admission. It will buy you some time - as long as complete extension application is received by CPC Vegreville prior to Nov 20 (or whatever date is 6 months from your entry) you will have so called implied status until decision is made. Current processing times in Vegreville for extension of stay apps is about 86+ days.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

thank you. just one more quick question...on the application to extend my stay...it asks for a client id...do i have one of these as a visitor?
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:38 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by garry1983
thank you. just one more quick question...on the application to extend my stay...it asks for a client id...do i have one of these as a visitor?
No, unless you are issued a document, then it would appear as xxxx-xxxx
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

hi again,

sorry to be such a massive pain in the ass....but i am kinda paranoid!! the application to extend has been mailed to alberta...express...today! so hopefully...i am of legal status and not outstaying my visitor visa? if i am...how will i know? and what are the reprecusions? like say for example i go home and then try to come back in 3 months later...could i be denied access? even if i applied to extend before my visa expired? sorry again...but im worrying myself sick! any advise and or help is appreciated.