Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Visitor visa after work permit expires

Visitor visa after work permit expires

Old Aug 15th 2010, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Eager2bBC has a brilliant futureEager2bBC has a brilliant futureEager2bBC has a brilliant futureEager2bBC has a brilliant futureEager2bBC has a brilliant futureEager2bBC has a brilliant future
Default Visitor visa after work permit expires

Hi Guys,

Quick question about the above situation...

My temporary work permit expires on 23 August and I had planned to do a bit of travelling while I wait to see if my PNP comes through (scheduled for a decision around 2nd week in September).

I planned to go down to the USA to start with and then come back into canada later as a visitor (UK citizen's are exempt from requiring a visa to visit canada) and do a bit of travelling here too. Obviously I won't be working during this visit.

I assume this will be ok but is there a possibility that I could be refused entry as a visitor? I guess there is always the possibility but i guess the question should be, is it likely i will be refused entry as a visitor?

I will be able to show (if required) that all my family is in the UK and that i do in fact have a home and a job in the UK (currently on sabbatical until 7th october from UK job - but I love it here too much to go back to it!!!!).

If the PNP comes through then I would again exit canada and come back in and apply for the work permit with my PNP and letter of support in hand.

And my Canadian employer is happy to hold my job while i am away doing all this (phew!).

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!