Education transferred for PR

Old Sep 22nd 2017, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Linsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Education transferred for PR

So we are trying to get all our documents together for our express entry application.
I have done a quick points calculator and we need to gain points from somewhere now that they have reduced the points for job offer/lmia.

So I am curious as to what can be gained from our education. My husband has a college nvq which he did during his apprenticeship but I read somewhere that they don't count for anything?
Anybody have experience in this or shall I just send off all our certificates and hope for the best 🙈
Thanks
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 11:02 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Education transferred for PR

Originally Posted by Linsey8287
So we are trying to get all our documents together for our express entry application.
I have done a quick points calculator and we need to gain points from somewhere now that they have reduced the points for job offer/lmia.

So I am curious as to what can be gained from our education. My husband has a college nvq which he did during his apprenticeship but I read somewhere that they don't count for anything?
Anybody have experience in this or shall I just send off all our certificates and hope for the best 🙈
Thanks
Vocational qualifications are not accredited as an educational qualifications. Does depend to some extent what the NVQ was in and how long the period of study. As you mentioned apprenticeship, if he did a trades program.
Determine your eligibility — Skilled trades
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Linsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond reputeLinsey8287 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply
The problem is the NVQ isn't anything to do with the skilled trade he is in now.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 10:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linsey8287
Thanks for the reply
The problem is the NVQ isn't anything to do with the skilled trade he is in now.
It doesn't need to be linked to his current or even previous occupations. You'd get points anyway if it was a trades apprenticeship, if you can give more details of what he studied and for how long hopefully somebody can give you an idea of whether or not it would count for points purposes.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Not sure how I missed this reply! Sorry, I feel bad I haven’t responded sooner.

He has an -
National Vocational Qualification -level 3
In vehicle mechanical and electronic systems- maintenance and repair.
He was a HGV mechanic at the time.
He can’t remember how many years it’s was over, but looking at the certificate, it was 5 years as part of his modern apprenticeship.

Thanks