Visitor Visa?

Old May 23rd 2011, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future
Default Re: Visitor Visa?

Not wishing to put a spanner in the works.....but I too would not be of the opinion that getting work as an electrician is going to be plain sailing for you, and an LMO within 6 months. My husband and I travelled over to Canada in February and we walked the streets for 2 weeks job hunting (he is an automotive technician, also on the list), anyway before we went out we organised for him to challenge the red seal exam, which he did, after providing proof of relevant hrs. etc. he obtained a really good job offer from one of the most prominent dealerships in the province, and last week his LMO was rejected. We came home after our two weeks stay and have sold lots of our stuff, organised the rent of our home, sold jeeps, etc. What Im trying to say is that I would not be convinced that you can achieve everything within 6 months. Our employer will be processing a 2nd LMO in 14 days time but there is still no guarantee that it will be approved, otherwise we would take the risk and go there now and wait. I would advise you to take a trip there first, and have your paperwork processed back in the UK. As others have also mentioned, your OH will need to apply for the Red Seal. Hope this helps.
Old May 24th 2011, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

edmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud of
Default Re: Visitor Visa?

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Valid or not any visitor can submit an extension request to Vegreville.
Oh right, yeah of course. stupid question