Visitor to Student Visa

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 12:50 pm
Posts: n/a
Default Visitor to Student Visa


I am a french student. I am currently studing in Ontario, but since my
program originally shorter than 6 month, I have only a visitor visa.

Now, I would like to study 4 month longer (not more), but my visitor
visa is valid until feb 2004. So I need a study permit valid until
may 2004.

I read that it is impossible to get an study permit from a visitor
visa within canada, so I have 2 questions :

-if I go back in france (for christmas) and then I come back in
canada, do I need a study (i would ask that at the canadian ambassady
in france) ?

-if I try not to go back in France, I read I can ask a study permit to
Buffalo, US. What are the exact conditions of application ? I own a US
visitor visa since my fligt to canada went through philadelphia.

THanks a lot

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.